Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images

adding pictures...

someone asked me how to add pictures to a thread.
    i decided that instead of trying to answer that question one on one, i would start a thread. besides, i haven't taken the time to learn how to add a picture to a thread, just a link to a picture that's in the gallery. so this is going to help me too.
    remember, a few of us have never taken a single computer class... so go sloooow
    i know that some of this has been talked about before but i didn't find it.
    maybe we can answer these questions & perhaps after it's laid out clearly, someone could write an article that we could use as a reference.

1)... how do i add a picture to the gallery?
    2)... how do i add a clickable link to a thread that will show a picture from my gallery?
    3)... how do i add a picture to the thread?
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    i'll start by trying the 1st question. please feel free to add & correct.

others can help on this 1st step for sure. there are probably better ways of doing it but i start by putting the pictures i want to up load, on my desk top.
    then to add a picture to the gallery, start by clicking on gallery/gallery home page at the top of the page.
    choose the gallery that seams most appropriate for you picture & click on it.
    at the top of that gallery's page click on "up load".
    click on one of the 3 "browse" boxes.
    you will see a drop down box that says "look in..."
    at this point there are probably different ways to go, but i will have already have put the desired pictures on my desk top so i will choose to look at the desk top.
    i will click on the numbers representing my picture & it will appear in the 1st of 3 "browse" boxes.
    you can enter a title & description at this point, but it will be the same for all 3 pictures if you use all 3 "browse" boxes.
    if i'm up loading more than one picture, i will use the edit option to add a title & description after the pictures are in the gallery.
    after you have the 1, 2, or 3 pictures in the browse boxes, click "submit".
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    1) to add pictures to the gallery, go to the gallery tab at the top of the page and go to 'upload photos'
    On the next window just fill in the blanks down the page.
    Use the browse button to select the image from your computer. You'll need to know where the file is in order to find it.
    If you want to upload more than one photo you can use the browse button on the other two lines.
    Also, if you choose more than one, another window will open so you can change the title of each photo.

2)once you uploaded a photo you can do one of two things with it. You can inbed the image within your post (it will show up within your sentences) by going to the bottom of the image.
    You'll see the description, size, etc.
    At the bottom you'll see "BB Code"
    This is the html code to put it in the post.
    So you'll need to copy that line. Click inside the box and highlight the whole line (or better yet use 'Ctrl A' and it will select it all).
    Then 'copy' it by using 'Ctrl C'.
    While you are typing your post and want to show your picture type 'Ctrl V' this will 'paste' that line of code you just copied.
    You won't see the actual picture in the message you are typing, just the code.
    The second thing you can do is link to the image.
    To do this go to the gallery and copy the url string. That is the direct 'address' (www.hammockforums.net/gallery/........)
    So use the 'Ctrl A' then 'Ctrl C' again.
    In the message your are typing look at the little icons at the top. You will see a world picture with a little chain link in front of it. Click that and 'Ctrl V' the address in there. This will again put the html code in the message.
    Another thing you can do here is highlight a word FIRST, then click on the world icon and paste the url. This will make that word a direct link.

3)if you don't want to add the image to the gallery, you can just make it an attachment. However, you can't do this in a 'quick reply' but only with a 'post reply'
    To add a picture click the 'paperclip' icon.
    This will bring up another window.
    'Browse' to find your photo or photos and click upload.
    This will make them 'attachments' and they will show up at the bottom of the message and NOT within the text itself.
    Scott

"Man is a stream whose source is hidden."
    RWE

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    I use a photo hosting site for most of my pics. I use Photobucket.com. You upload your pic to the site and then copy and paste the IMG code ([IMG] [/IMG]) into the forum and it will display the full size pic.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

• + New Posts