This is where I lived for two glorious days.
Friday afternoon, Half-Hitch and I parked at Burrell's Ford and hiked north along the Chatooga for about 30 minutes. For those familiar with the area, we camped just before crossing the bridge over the East Fork of the Chatooga.
For supper, we rehydrated some burrito mix and salsa, added cheese and wrapped in a tortilla. Two big ones was all I could hold.

Weatherman assured us that we were going to get wet all weekend and he missed it completely. I woke up at 5:00 am Saturday morning to the pitter-patter of rain on the tarp. Went right back to sleep and it had quit before I woke up at 7:00. That was all we got.
You know how I like to eat. We froze six scrambled eggs in a Nalgene and packed them in. They had thawed by Saturday morning and I used the bottom of my Outback Oven for a skillet.

I rehydrated some shredded potatoes and sausage, mixed in the eggs and covered with cheese. This is my go-to breakfast.

Had some fisherman camp close by, I had a ringside seat and watched 'em pull four big ones out that morning.

We took the opportunity to play with some new cooking equipment. I bought a Heineken cook kit from greenlespaul, a Cobalt Blue Soloist stove from stovemandan and a firesteel from Paul at AHE. Along with several homemade stoves and a Caldera Cone, (thanks to 2 Questions excellent video), we had more toys than we could use.

The Cobalt boiled in 8 minutes and continued to burn for 13.5 on 3/4 oz. of fuel.

Had a friend from work bring his kids up to see us and we hiked on up to Ellicott Rock. This is where NC, SC, and GA all touch, on a rock in the middle of the river. James Ellicott surveyed these mountains about 200 years ago and marked the rock as that point. Surveyors today are amazed at his accuracy.
We made them a sweet treat to load them up with sugar before they went home.
Nanner-Nilla Pudding

We sat around eating and watching the butterflies which were plenty.

Supper was rehydrated homemade spaghetti and sauce, based on a recommendation from Myles To Go. Boil the noodles, mix in the sauce and dehydrate it all. Just like he said, it was great.

We had two Boy Scout Troops move in on each side of us, about 15 in each group. They had done 10 miles with packs and by 9:00, they were down for the night. I wish I could say the same for the 3 couples with 4 dogs (3 yellow labs and 1 golden retriever) on the other side of the scouts. They barked on and off all night.

Breakfast speaks for itself-
That's pre-cooked bacon.

We hiked out and stopped by Spoonauger Falls on the way. It's 0.1 miles off the trail and a pretty good climb, but worth it.

All in all, it was a great weekend.