Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FarStar View Post
    Shug,

Interesting videos. This one is kinda like Deliverance, except with hammocks and the elderly instead of canoes and the middle aged. I await the finale in part 5, and hope it has a better ending than Deliverance had.

Keep these entertaining and informing videos coming, please. I have been giving a Claytor Jungle Hammock to family members earning their Eagle Scout rank -- a nephew in WI and one in WA this spring. I'm also sending them links to your 11-part Hammocking for Noobs series -- great stuff!

Do you take requests? I'd like to see a video, or a series, or maybe a thread herein (moderated by you) talking about how to Breakfast in the Hammock with Style -- equipment, recipes, etc.

Thanks,

FarStar
    Ahhh .... ya' young whipper-snapper!
    good deal on the Clark gifting .... that will never be forgotten by them.....

You know ... I keep getting asked about a Breakfast in the Hammock video .... I eat a simple breakfast. might just do it though.

Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Ouch!

Ever seen the tears of a clown? It'll break yer heart!

Old, dried up tears.........

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar-Blackeagle View Post
    Judging from the videos, ole Shug has more drive and energy than I do and I'm almost half his age. As for the eyelid anomaly... if it gets too bad he can always use it for another shelf in his BB. (Yes, I'm kidding!!!)
    The woods get me energized .... nothing like some fun to get pumped.

Quote Originally Posted by trouthunter View Post
    Very funny!

I don't know if anyone else noticed but some of that pot smut seemed to have migrated a bit.

Shug, just because they got the numbers backwards on the fruit cake doesn't oblige you to play along, I would have said something!

Also, some Preparation H will get rid of that eye lid problem, seriously, it's great for wrinkles too.

I can't wait for part 5, thanks for making me laugh so hard, now I have to go check my drawers.
    I am gonna try that..... shrink the shelf!!

Quote Originally Posted by Peg-Leg View Post
    Pure fun!!!
    I loved where the clouds were rolling up the canyon. I could feel it. Nothing like being out in it!
    The clouds were stunning and it was too cool being in them and sleeping in them.

Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    Thanks Shug, Another great series, awesome you got to have your B-Day in the gorge. And Storm Crow, seeing your summer quilts got me real excited for mine, cant wait to snuggle up in um.
    What a way to celebrate older age!!! Made me feel young!
    The UQ was sweet.....
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Insulation
    ThermaRest
    Great Video, SHUG is a unofficial Member of the Monty Python Crew.

Regards Dirk

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Thanks, Shug. Laughter sure feels good. 52 ain't elderly. Did you burn those socks?

Hammock
    Speer Hammock IIIC
    Tarp
    Speer WinterTarp
    Insulation
    Speer SnugFit
    Suspension
    AHE whoopie slings
    Shug,

I, unfortunately, am no young whipper-snapper: I'm a gimpy old fart who has three years on you. My hammocking is confined to car camping, but I hope to be able to strap on a pack again some day. In the mean time, it's fun to live vicariously through videos such as yourn.

By the way, I'm handing out a Claytor hammock for an Eagle, not a Clark. I'd go broke quick handing out the latter! When I joined this forum two years ago, Claytors were all the rage. I disappeared for a while and upon my recent return, Warbonnet Blackbirds are now all the rage. I fear that hammocking is going to turn out like fly fishing: there's always the need for another fly rod. Not a few guys here seem thoroughly addicted.

I think a BITH video/series/thread would be a hit -- kinda the ultimate in outdoor slugdom: serving oneself breakfast in bed without leaving the bed to cook it. Combine that with the thread I read here somewhere about how to relieve oneself during the night without leaving one's hammock (without fouling one's nest) and a hammocking endurance fad could begin.

Agedly yourn,

FarStar

P.S.: You may wish to modify your tagline to acknowledge you adoration of strawberry milk.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by d.frentzel View Post
    Great Video, SHUG is a unofficial Member of the Monty Python Crew.
    Regards Dirk
    I feel touched and honored .... they are so much smarter than me!

Quote Originally Posted by WV View Post
    Thanks, Shug. Laughter sure feels good. 52 ain't elderly. Did you burn those socks?
    Don't you know it!!!!
    They are by the fire-pit.......

Quote Originally Posted by FarStar View Post
    Shug,

I, unfortunately, am no young whipper-snapper: I'm a gimpy old fart who has three years on you. My hammocking is confined to car camping, but I hope to be able to strap on a pack again some day. In the mean time, it's fun to live vicariously through videos such as yourn.

By the way, I'm handing out a Claytor hammock for an Eagle, not a Clark. I'd go broke quick handing out the latter! When I joined this forum two years ago, Claytors were all the rage. I disappeared for a while and upon my recent return, Warbonnet Blackbirds are now all the rage. I fear that hammocking is going to turn out like fly fishing: there's always the need for another fly rod. Not a few guys here seem thoroughly addicted.

I think a BITH video/series/thread would be a hit -- kinda the ultimate in outdoor slugdom: serving oneself breakfast in bed without leaving the bed to cook it. Combine that with the thread I read here somewhere about how to relieve oneself during the night without leaving one's hammock (without fouling one's nest) and a hammocking endurance fad could begin.

Agedly yourn,

FarStar

P.S.: You may wish to modify your tagline to acknowledge you adoration of strawberry milk.
    I will sluggishly make one then .... for sure .... if it does not require effort .... and I can eat .... then nap.
    But I WILL rise to pee. I move around a bit much.......
    Strawberry milk will be added.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Two of my grandkids are hear this morning. While I was watching, two year old Laura asked, "What's Papa laughing at?" It's a great production.
    By the way her hair is a darker red than Shug's or Stormcrow's. Got to love redheads.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    Two of my grandkids are hear this morning. While I was watching, two year old Laura asked, "What's Papa laughing at?" It's a great production.
    By the way her hair is a darker red than Shug's or Stormcrow's. Got to love redheads.
    So glad you were a laughing at the adventures .... such a glorious time.....
    She must have hair the color of my daughters!!!!!

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456