Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefoot_hp View Post
    what do they weigh?
    One 1" cinch buckle = 1 oz
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    when i was ordering webbing from speer, he rates his 1 in. at holding 250 lbs in a hammock, and i am right around that mark...

does anyone know of some stronger i in. webbing?
    Speer uses polypro webbing. Polyester is stronger than polypro. You can get some 1" polyester either from some Harbor Freight tie-down straps, or by ordering from StrapWorks. The StrapWorks webbing is thicker/heavier than that from Harbor Freight, but they will do custom sewing to fit your need.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY 8x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    50* p pod
    Images
    http://www.ahh.biz/products/webbing/...g%20WPS100.htm

here is some one inch polypro webbing with a rated tensile strength of 800 lbs against speer's 700 lbs. I guess this might equate to 260 lbs in the hammock v. speer's 250?

i weigh around 230 lbs, and i am heavily considering going with some 1 inch speer webbing for my ENO. speer's is much cheaper and he will sew your loops in... does this sound rational?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Black Bird
    Tarp
    BWDD Winterdream
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Images
    I just ordered two more sets from Ed to be picked up at the Hang-Out. I now have 3 hammocks, and enough rings for all three. It is easy enough to swap out the webbing between them, but I got more so I don't have to wonder which hammock it's on.

I took my hammocks to a friend's place. She is more normal sized (I weigh about 110lbs) and I was amazed that the setup I did for myself acted so different when she got in. The ring actually slipped. She had tied that end, and I don't think she realized exactly what I meant. She did after she (softly) slid to the ground. It hadn't budged with me in the hammock. I was also amazed at how the two hammocks fit her differently. I didn't have my Treklight double at that time. Both my other hammocks are short.

Anyway, I like the webbing I got from Ed, and he's easy to deal with.
    Bad spellers of the world Untie!

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    http://www.ahh.biz/products/webbing/...g%20WPS100.htm

here is some one inch polypro webbing with a rated tensile strength of 800 lbs against speer's 700 lbs. I guess this might equate to 260 lbs in the hammock v. speer's 250?

i weigh around 230 lbs, and i am heavily considering going with some 1 inch speer webbing for my ENO. speer's is much cheaper and he will sew your loops in... does this sound rational?
    Speer webbing would probably be o.k at your weight. I use it and am happy but I weigh much less. If I weighed 230lbs., I'd probably go with Strapworks. They will sew the loops also for a small charge. I was told by them to call and place the order if I wanted loops sewn.The fact that polyester stretches less is a big plus also. I'm still deciding if I want some. Extra weight but less stretch. Hum....
    Last edited by FanaticFringer; 09-12-2007 at 15:25.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY 8x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    50* p pod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Speer webbing would probably be o.k at your weight. I use it and am happy but I weigh much less. If I weighed 230lbs., I'd probably go with Strapworks. They will sew the loops also for a small charge. I was told by them to call and place the order if I wanted loops sewn.The fact that polyester stretches less is a big plus also. I'm still deciding if I want some. Extra weight but less stretch. Hum....
    i guess i could always go w/ ENO's slap strap pros, but they are nylon. does nylon really stretch that much?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    i guess i could always go w/ ENO's slap strap pros, but they are nylon. does nylon really stretch that much?
    Yes, it stretches far too much.

hooooooold on. i been following this. i just got some eno slapstraps. they stretch??????????

Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Look here or here. Same vendor as above.

I haven't tried those, but I have considered them. I don't see how they would be a substantial improvement over a cinch buckle, though.

I was thinking of the irregularly shaped ones that you twist with your thumb and forefinger to loosen. This would fix the problem some are having with difficulty loosening their buckles when cinched tight. It doesn't appear Onrope1 sells the type I'm referring too either. Any climbers know the buckles I'm referring to?

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY 8x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    50* p pod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyquest View Post
    hooooooold on. i been following this. i just got some eno slapstraps. they stretch??????????
    well, i have the regular slap straps, and i have used them with satisfaction. honestly, i havent noticed a significant amount of stretch after an overnighter in the hammock. not to say they dont have some give, and you probably will sag a bit over night, but its not terrible.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast