Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY 8x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    50* p pod
    Images

CC Buckle Question

will the CC buckles operate well with 1 and a half inch webbing, or is that too wide?

thanks

also, are they pretty solid, any issues with slippage? i am not that concerned if they are difficult to undo, as long as that is within reason...
    Last edited by whitefoot_hp; 09-11-2007 at 15:52.

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    The CC buckles we've been using are for 1" webbing. I don't know if they make wider ones. 1.5" webbing might work but you'll have to fold it double to get it thru the buckles and might require a little more care in tightening and loosing so the webbing doesn't try to expand back out and clog the buckle. IMO
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by whitefoot_hp View Post
    will the CC buckles operate well with 1 and a half inch webbing, or is that too wide?

thanks

also, are they pretty solid, any issues with slippage? i am not that concerned if they are difficult to undo, as long as that is within reason...
    The Cinch buckles, formerly known as CC buckles, should be used with 1" webbing. The buckle itself is 1" wide so with webbing any bigger you'd risk slippage maybe.
    They are rock solid and perform wonderfully. No slippage issues for me and I dont think I've heard about any from others.
    Last edited by FanaticFringer; 09-11-2007 at 16:01.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Images
    They are so common that I think you could spend some time searching on the internet for one that is 1 1/2" wide. It may take a while but if someone makes it, you can find it on the internet.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
    They are so common that I think you could spend some time searching on the internet for one that is 1 1/2" wide. It may take a while but if someone makes it, you can find it on the internet.
    That's not been my observation. I've searched around alot for buckles that resemble cinch buckles and have not found any.Tons of buckles that are... well buckles, but none that I have found have the slider in the middle. I'm sure they are out there somewhere so if anyone finds some, please post them.
    Plus most of those buckles wont have any weight limit on them. At least the cinch buckles are rated for life support. Sounds good at least.
    Last edited by FanaticFringer; 09-11-2007 at 16:50.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    I've searched around alot for buckles that resemble cinch buckles and have not found any.
    OnRope1 has a couple of different 1 3/4" buckles in addition to their 1" ones. (1 2) Those should work fine with 1 1/2" webbing and have tested weights listed on the item page. With the amount of weight that 1" polyester webbing will carry, though, I can't see why using larger is necessary.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Has anyone tried the two piece buckles that come on most climbing harnesses. Seems like that would be an option and would be easier to loosen. I would try it out but I can't seem to find any on the internet and I don't have any old harnesses to scrap for parts.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wamyteipen View Post
    Has anyone tried the two piece buckles that come on most climbing harnesses. Seems like that would be an option and would be easier to loosen. I would try it out but I can't seem to find any on the internet and I don't have any old harnesses to scrap for parts.
    Look here or here. Same vendor as above.

I haven't tried those, but I have considered them. I don't see how they would be a substantial improvement over a cinch buckle, though.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY 8x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    50* p pod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    OnRope1 has a couple of different 1 3/4" buckles in addition to their 1" ones. (1 2) Those should work fine with 1 1/2" webbing and have tested weights listed on the item page. With the amount of weight that 1" polyester webbing will carry, though, I can't see why using larger is necessary.
    when i was ordering webbing from speer, he rates his 1 in. at holding 250 lbs in a hammock, and i am right around that mark...

does anyone know of some stronger i in. webbing?

Hammock
    ENO double nest
    Tarp
    DIY 8x 10 silnylon
    Insulation
    50* p pod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    The Cinch buckles, formerly known as CC buckles, should be used with 1" webbing. The buckle itself is 1" wide so with webbing any bigger you'd risk slippage maybe.
    They are rock solid and perform wonderfully. No slippage issues for me and I dont think I've heard about any from others.
    what do they weigh?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast