Tarp
    8 x 10 sil tarp
    Insulation
    DIY tq,pads
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Quote Originally Posted by qm1pooh View Post

Wow, that's comfort! I think I may be in love
    Thats not love. Its the beginning stages of a long addiction...

Speaking of ridgelines... The structural ridgeline on the hammock has a decent amount of slack when unloaded, but when I get in the hammock it's tight. Not guitar string tight, but if I grab it with my thumb and finger and try to bend it it hardly has any flex at all. Is this normal? I seem to remember in the WBBB setup video Brandon shows testing the ridgeline with the thumb and forefinger method, and there was enough slack to bend it almost 90 degrees. Is that what I should be aiming for?
    That sounds about right, though much of it is personal preference. You don't want to get it so tight that you snap it. Try different tautnesses - you will find that a small change can really change the feel of the hammock.

Have fun!

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Side Zip
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6"
    Insulation
    Blue CCF pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Just a quick update- slept in the hammock for the first time last night. Two months ago, I was hobbling around with a cane because of a bulging L5 disk in my spine. Now, I woke up this morning with no back pain for the first time in a while! It got down to about 65 degrees last night, but I was more than comfortable with a Target yoga mat under me and a tiny fleece throw blanket over me.

I think I could get very used to this

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge runner or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Super
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/DIY
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch bro
    Where do you plan on trying out in the woods? I can highly recommend a good spot just a few hours from you ( I'm in SC too).

J

Hammock
    HH Expedition Asym Side Zip
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9'6"
    Insulation
    Blue CCF pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Actually, I have a pretty ambitious hiking schedule this week (gotta love going back to college after the military and getting to take summer break ).

Tuesday I'm going to Kings Mountain and doing the loop there. It will be the first backpacking trip I've taken since a failed Boy Scout "adventure" on the Foothills Trail back in 1984 or so Since then, I've day hiked extensively but have only car camped. Sure it'll be hot, but I've got a Smartwool T-shirt and a Buff (not a HF one yet ), so I'll sweat it out.

Then Friday I'm planning on taking my brother on his first hike ever (he's 29) up to Big Bend Falls on the Chatooga. My wife has actually given me the blessing to hike multiple days a week, so I'm taking full advantage of it!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge runner or DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Super
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/DIY
    Suspension
    Beckett Hitch bro
    Nice. If you ever get the chance, check out Sumter National Forest. Its not but about 1 hour from you and pretty awesome hiking. Its part of the Palmetto trail so you have to get a permit, but the lady you have to talk to is super nice and knows the best places to go.

J

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12