Warbonnet BB 1.7d
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    HG 0° UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    BB Webbing/Dutch!

Warbonnet BB tips?

I tested my BB for the first time this weekend. The hammock was hung just about perfect. 12' or so between trees. I tested the ridgeline tension and it was just about right with me in it. When I got in it to sleep, I noticed my neck was bent at an uncomfortable angle (chin closer to chest) and my neck felt like it needed support so I put some rolled up clothing under it. It took me quite awhile to get to sleep and by morning my neck was sore. I am wondering if I tried to sleep too high on the head end of the hammock. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? I know the width of the trees and how you set up the straps have some to do with how your hammock feels. I'm looking for input as to what I may have done wrong, remedies, etc. I am definitely getting a pillow and maybe going to try sleeping lower in the hammock (feet more elevated; in foot box) to get a flatter lay.
    Proving to the world that I can hang.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Quest
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Wookie
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I believe you have more sag than I like.
    Before I get in the BB, I can bend the ridgeline 90 degrees with little effort. If I'm in the hammock, the ridgeline is tight. I know some people prefer that it still be loose, but I'm not one of them. I also must have a pillow and I recommend the large from Paul at AHE.
    I set the hammock up as level as possible, so I don't slide to either end.
    Good luck, it's a great hammock.
    He is your friend, your companion, your defender... he is your dog. You are his life, his leader, and master. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of that devotion.

Hammock
    WBBB,Claytor JH
    Tarp
    Claytor D, WB Hex
    Insulation
    Ptarm/Incub/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

WB Set-up

I have a WBBB and a Claytor JH. I've watched the youtube set-up videos (Many times) and it's a good starting point. Determine which lie is best then match the RL tension. If you watch WB video those trees got to be 17' or more. Just look at the height and length of the straps! His sag adjustment demonstration is very good showing how different lies affects ridge line tension. New Straps/Hammocks have more stretch to them. As it's broken in there is less of this. Some parachute nylons have undesirable "Memory stretch" after prolonged use.

Every hammock has its own personality in this regard due material, type of gathered end (Channel vs Knot). And I would go further to say my body is comfortable with different settings. As far as neck pain the 12' seems too short to me.

My backyard set-up is 15' and More say, 17 feet is better because the tarp barely has any room for adjustment for sun/rain/wind coverage. Figure nines make these changes easy. (Got mine from JRB)

In day hammock mode I like a little less sag but sleeping more.
    The key is just playing (Each time 4 me) until it's "Just right" Lol

IMHO I think a slight "Head-down" position will and longer tree/pole distance will help the most with that. A pillow this will give you a more flatter "feel" and less neck stress. Just ordered a large pillow (On Sale) from Paul...

Hope this helps..
    "Take me away to a quiet place where beings melt into inner space. Every step brings me closer to see, my haven away beneath the trees." From Beneath the Trees by Everett Dort

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    I have found that with both my DIY hammocks and the blackbird, that a U-shaped travel neck pillow helps a lot with comfort. For me, the trick is to have something under my neck, but not under my head, to straighten out the neck somewhat.

Hammock
    Wbbb 1.1dbl.- Traveler multicam 1.9
    Tarp
    H.G. Cuben camo
    Insulation
    Phinc-burrow- H.R.
    I would agree with playing with your setup in tiny increments, I have only had my bird for a couple months now, but have noticed an extreme happy place for it when you get it just right..... For now I also favor trees further apart than what you speak of, but I think with experience it can be achieved, with any distance within reason..

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ's
    Images
    maybe going to try sleeping lower in the hammock (feet more elevated; in foot box) to get a flatter lay.
    I think you are on the right track. Not sure what hammocks you have used in the past but the WBBB is made to lay lower and more asym than the others.

• + New Posts