Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images

Wildcat Hollow Ohio

I started off with the intentions of doin the entire 14.7 mile loop. We started off at the trailhead and went in a clockwise direction. The approach has a few small stream crossings before you get to the fork. Taking the left fork we hiked into Eels run. This first stretch was narrow, thick, and humid. There are several camp spots along the trail. After Eels run we started the ascent and spotted alot of what I have decided are coyote tracks. At about mile 2 the trail opened up and followed alongside a road for about 100 yards. After that the trail crosses the road where there is an old schoolhouse, the trail picks up again to the left. We continued into a pine forest and started a descent. We found a spot on the left at the bottom beside a small stream that was right before some four wheeler trails. We setup camp, filtered some water, and had some dinner. After dark a bird started in that I am convinced hates us and continued to tell us so off and on for a few hours. The temperature got down to what I'd say was low 60's. I had my bug net up but probably didnt need it. In the morning we tooled around and took our time breaking camp. We backtracked to the day hike cuttoff where we explored an old shack with a pumps in it. The trail back down was wider than on the way in but had some downed trees that we had to go around. We decided to finish out the dayhike trail and head up to Burr Oak state park beach for a dip. My hiking partner had to leave that evening to get back for an appointment so I went over to the Wayne National Forest campground and hung out there for the night. Water was scarce on the trail but with some planning you could stow some at road crossings. My pack was way too heavy, like about 35-40lbs. I have lightened it up alot and hope to get back soon to do the whole loop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

• + New Posts