Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I had to go to the ground on one trip because I sold my hammock before I received my BB, but I'd do it again. Sometimes it seems like you are waiting and hear nothing which can be frustrating. If Brandon took the time to update everyone he would never get anything done. Cottage industry stuff is soooo nice and well worth the wait. Hang tight.

Hammock
    WB Traveller Dbl 1.7
    Insulation
    DIY PLUQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie
    I know what you're going through - I've got one on order, myself.

As the song says, the waiting is the hardest part...
    Mike

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    Custom OES BatCave
    Insulation
    JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm glad I read this thread. I ordered a bird a month ago this Friday and have not even received a payment request. I ordered it now hopping it will arrive in time for Christmas I understand good gear takes time to make. Hopefully someday all cottage gear manufacturer will run as smooth as the Jacks!

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY Sil-Nylon
    Suspension
    Whoopie DIY
    Hi everyone! New guy here and also new to hammocks. I watched the videos with the guy with the ponytail on youtube and they are very well made vids. My question on looking at their website, is which model of BB to get? The 1.1 or 1.7 and either a single layer or double layer? I am 6'3" and 210 lbs if that matters. For cold weather I have a UL Go Lite Shangri-La 5 and a DIY UL takedown packable cylinder stove.....But, I am intrigued with rigging a tight pitched tarp, installing a stove jack, and having the BlackBird in a heated shelter as an option too. Thanks for any advice.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow / Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing
    My wallet can't take the wait much longer. My itchy fingers have been passing the time buying unnecessary gear online. I know as soon as it comes, however, I'm gonna' find a million other things I need.

Hammock
    HH Expl ULA-2QZQ#2
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    Incubator&W.Burrow
    Suspension
    whoopieslings

I'd bet this has been asked before , but I'll ask again; Why do those of you that feel this way, feel the blackbird is superior (speaking in terms of comfort only) and why (design, materials, the way you lay in it, etc...) not for the reasons; he is a cottage industry, participates here on the board, it has a shelf, etc... Do you base your reasons on actual comparison with your BB and other hammocks you have slept in?

(I've never had the opportunity to lie in one and would like to know why some believe the comfort is that much different)

...And then one day you find, ten years have got behind you.
    No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun... "TIME" by Pink Floyd

www.linvillegorge.net -Ken's site

www.heavens-above.com -(set your own "home" site)

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    WB Lynx FL
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Yes good things come to those who wait

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    The comfort is that much different because the hammock is very long, is whipped differently from every other commercial hammock on the market, and the combination of the footbox and double shoulder tieouts allows a very deep diagonal lay, which is surprisingly flat.

I've compared with several hammocks, and the only one that came close was a DIY hammock that is whipped the same way as the warbonnet.

Hammock
    Black Bird
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti Under Quilt
    Suspension
    Slings/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by HCH View Post
    Hi everyone! New guy here and also new to hammocks. I watched the videos with the guy with the ponytail on youtube and they are very well made vids. My question on looking at their website, is which model of BB to get? The 1.1 or 1.7 and either a single layer or double layer? I am 6'3" and 210 lbs if that matters. For cold weather I have a UL Go Lite Shangri-La 5 and a DIY UL takedown packable cylinder stove.....But, I am intrigued with rigging a tight pitched tarp, installing a stove jack, and having the BlackBird in a heated shelter as an option too. Thanks for any advice.
    I own the 1.7 double and would recommend the product any time any day no matter how long the wait. The question is simple, do you want a great product built by great people who are family and friends then you wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtncmpr View Post

I'd bet this has been asked before , but I'll ask again; Why do those of you that feel this way, feel the blackbird is superior (speaking in terms of comfort only) and why (design, materials, the way you lay in it, etc...) not for the reasons; he is a cottage industry, participates here on the board, it has a shelf, etc... Do you base your reasons on actual comparison with your BB and other hammocks you have slept in?

(I've never had the opportunity to lie in one and would like to know why some believe the comfort is that much different)

OK, here are the reasons I like the BB over the other hammock I have owned (Henesy with mods)

1: The "wings" of the BB give it a bigger feeling inside.

2: THe "box" for your feet make the lay flatter.

3: The "shelf" for my stuff is unique and amazing. Everything I need is close. You said not to include this feature but I have no idea why. It is an AMAZING feature, making it so easy to reach my flashlight, hat, ipod or hat in the middle of the night.

4: The zipper makes it easy to get in and out plus easy to reach stuff under the hammock.

5: The double bottom makes it really easy to put a pad between myself and the cool air below. It has helped me reduce my weight by caring a simple blue pad for my under-quilt during the summer and adds insulation to my under-quilt during the winter.

6: Last you said that we should talk about reasons other then "he is a cottage industry, participates here on the board" but that is part of the comfort of this product. This forum is part of my camping experience and by supporting folks here I feel and sleep better.
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    - Greek Proverb

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast