kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch

Zaleski Hanging

Still scratching my entire mosquito-riddled body after a hang on the Zaleski Backpack Trail in OHIO. We hit the trail late Friday night, making camp just as the sun was disappearing. Moe-Z, Babushka and myself hung our hammocks & joked on poor TenderToe as he dejectedly set up his ground system (he's still waiting on his wbbb). We couldn't let him be the lone ground-pounder, so we quickly whipped together a heavy tarp hammock and he was swinging with the rest of us. Friday night graced us with a near FULL moon- TenderToe and I stayed up late into the night watching the moonlight travel around the hammock compound. Saturday was H.O.T.! And the mosquitoes wouldn't quit. Add to that, our weekend home was sitting on an ant hill--- the earth was moving all around us. (We didn't move though, it wasn't THAT bad----but ask Moe-Z or Babushka, and they might tell you different.) We basically bummed around camp all day, aside from a quick day hike. Got to playing our first trail game of "Hangers" and ate some good food---TenderToe's TenderToes were delicious!! Finally, after a late night DIY bushbuddy debacle, we hit the hammocks and enjoyed our last night in the woods. Overall, the trail was beautiful, though buggy, and the weather was perfect, though hot. Oh, and the Jerry Chairs were awesome! THANKS JERRY!!----Moe-Z was skeptical about 'em, but admitted her ill-assumed judgment after about 15 minutes of sitting in hers. Jeff's gear hammock was powerful too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 0.jpg (147.0 KB, 49 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (130.0 KB, 48 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (104.1 KB, 46 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (118.7 KB, 48 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (123.9 KB, 68 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (126.2 KB, 74 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (125.4 KB, 53 views)
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (68.6 KB, 65 views)
    • File Type: jpg 10.jpg (99.6 KB, 58 views)
    • File Type: jpg 11.jpg (145.4 KB, 45 views)
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Great stuff thank's for sharing!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Looks like a group of Mummers around a camp fire. Thanks for sharing
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    What up wit tda LoJo's? It was a hot weekend fo sho. I'd like to check out Zaleski sometime. I had a friend when I was a kid whose last name was Zaleski. I see you like the good Dr's quotes as well.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    WBB1.7, HH EXP UL , Claytor Nonet
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, RMS
    Suspension
    buckles or whoopie
    Images

Thumbs up Zaleski

Hey thanks for the Trail report, taking some Scouts on the south loop next weekend, we will make sure to have lots of bug dope.

cgul1

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    So thanks to the support and shared twisted passion for fixating on a project that Rip Waverly has; I spent my first weekend off the ground. I am currently waiting for a backordered WBBB that is currently (hopefully) being created as I type. The trail beckoned and I was faced with another weekend ground-and-pounding while the other 3 people in my party were swinging, or creating a monster. Option 2 prevailed. We created a monster, and I’m not talking about the Frankenhammock.

The Jerry Chairs were unreal. Thanks RIP for your…shall we say…rustic sewing job. But seriously, added an additional layer of comfort around the fire.

All in all, an unreal weekend. No fantastic vistas, no breathtaking sunsets; just a few friends, a few Jerry chairs, and some laughs.

Hammock
    kbwaddy
    Tarp
    valesko
    Insulation
    ahurst
    Suspension
    dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by HamMike View Post
    What up wit tda LoJo's? It was a hot weekend fo sho. I'd like to check out Zaleski sometime. I had a friend when I was a kid whose last name was Zaleski. I see you like the good Dr's quotes as well.
    ha@! thought the suit might offer some bug deflection. proved meaningless!
    "Jeff-Becking"

DOWNTOWN BROWN!!!!

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB 1.7d
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Ultra
    Insulation
    HG 0° UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    BB Webbing/Dutch!
    Myself and a friend did a test hang at Mt Gilead state park and the skeeters weren't too bad til dusk. I laid in my WBBB and laughed at the mosquitos trying to get in. Morning was mostly mosquito free. Must be some standing water near where you camped. Cool inventive game. I'm curious how comfy the tarp hammock was.
    Proving to the world that I can hang.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    webbing and rings
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar-Blackeagle View Post
    Myself and a friend did a test hang at Mt Gilead state park and the skeeters weren't too bad til dusk. I laid in my WBBB and laughed at the mosquitos trying to get in. Morning was mostly mosquito free. Must be some standing water near where you camped. Cool inventive game. I'm curious how comfy the tarp hammock was.
    Mind you i don't have much to compare to, but I am 6'2'' 250 lbs. and that thing performed like a champ. It was a Target brand 15 dollar tarp. We threw it into an accordion fold at each end, girth hitched some extra single fixed-eye burry amsteel Rip brought to the ends, ran that to some treestraps/marlinspike hitches, and enjoyed. I threw on some “Asym-type” pullouts by putting a small rock to the underside of the “hammock” and pushing it up and girth hitching some homemade self-tensioning guyouts (that I made from examples I found on the forum here) that I constructed for use with my tarp a week or so ago while waiting for my abovementioned WBBB around the protruding bunch. We threw a ridgeline on that was priceless for hanging my glasses, headlamp, etc. to. I was also able to make a tieout on my headnet and tie that to the ridgeline to keep it off my face all night even when I rotated over on my side! because the mosquitoes were, as mentioned before, ruthless.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I like the JerryChair picture .... makes me think "Halloween"!!!!!
    Ghostly.
    Glad ya'll had a good fun anty hangin' hot time!
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts