Thread: first hammock

first hammock

Hello! i have been lurking on this site for a while now and finally decided it was time to post my own thread ( my first one!) I am an experienced camper and have been tent camping for as long as i can remember ( all 16 years). Last year one of my best friends got and ENO single hammock and i just tried sleeping in it the other night and am convinced i need to buy one for myself and get into the hammocking scene. The only question now is which one? I am 6 feet tall and about 150 pounds and am wondering if the double will have to much extra fabric hanging around for a smaller guy like me, or is it still going to be a better buy then the single. Any advice would be great seeing as this is my first hammock and have only ever tried and ENO single. Thanks!

Hammock
    depends on weather
    Tarp
    SWT
    Insulation
    various
    Suspension
    Straps, Dutch Clip
    Images
    Get the DoubleNest! The size allows a flatter lay, which is impacted by your height more than your weight. At your height, you'll want to be on the diagonal with the "extra" fabric helping out. Besides, my teenagers love to wrap the fabric of their DN around them (Avatar like) and roll over so they are facing the ground for fun.

And WELCOME to the forums!

Hammock
    1.7 dbl WBBB
    Tarp
    The Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    40deg sleepingbag
    I'm 6'1", or 6'2" depending on what convience store I'm leaving... I own both the ENO single and double, both are solid hammocks. I tend to like the double a little more, allows a greater diagonal lay, and for me at least is a lot easier to find the 'sweet spot' in the sag.

Though as I say this I'm looking to upgrade to a hammock with a built in bugnet... because let me tell you them skeeters are out to getcha. Not that you can't get by without a bugnet, camped with my hammocks two years without one, but is better with one... as I have expirienced the horror of shifting out of my sleeping back and exposing my lower unbugsparyed extremities to the swarm!

Still the ENO will do you. Great starter hammock.
    "By endevoring to please everyone he had pleased no one, and lost his *** in the bargin." - Aesop, had it figured out some 2500 years ago.

Hammock
    ENO Single and Double Nest (mod)
    Tarp
    Mamajamba Spinn
    Insulation
    It's Summer.
    Suspension
    7/64 Whoopie Sling
    I have both the Double and the Single. I agree the extra material in the Double is really nice to have, especially for that diagonal lay. I bought the Single to modify into a light weight-ish hammock. If you count ounces or grams (which I do) then I'd go with the Single, but if a few ounces isn't a factor then DEFINITELY go with the Double. You will not regret it.

• + New Posts