Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images

Lowering the price...

On my guy lines. It does come, however, at the elimination of a feature.

I am going to stop making the second fixed eye in the guy lines. I came to a realization last nite that its not needed for the intended purpose of it being there, and thats getting a close to ground pitch.

If you are using the second fixed eye, then you arent using the tensioner. So you can accomplish the same thing by either placing the prusik over your stake, or using the tarps tie-out itself. This will also get you a couple inches closer to the ground.

Price will be lowered to $6 on the tensioned lines and $5.50 on the non tensioned lines. Ill make the change later this evening.

Banned
    Images
    On your Single Line TRL.... why did you move away from using the little clear plastic things to using a Figure 9. Not sure I like this change...

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    I assume you are referring to toggles.

I just went through this tonight setting up a new tarp with an old RL with toggles. It's very difficult to manipulate the toggles in high wind situations. It's also very difficult to
    get a decent amount of tension on the RL without some mechanical advantage.

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    What dont you like about fig 9's. Its currently the only piece of hardware i use i my setup and it gets me a perfectly taut ridgeline everytime. have you tried the small metal ones? They seem to have more bite IMO than the plastic ones.

Actually depending on which fig.9 is being used, as I have a couple (some black, and some silver) and the black one's have a more visible tooth to grab the cord, where as the silver one's aren't as prominent, even still not that sure if it would make too much of a difference in holding power, but it might?!?!
    Opie,
    If you find this change for the better (as I remember you asking this in a thread not too long ago) then fine by me, I will still be purchasing your stuff!

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ikemouser View Post
    What dont you like about fig 9's. Its currently the only piece of hardware i use i my setup and it gets me a perfectly taut ridgeline everytime. have you tried the small metal ones? They seem to have more bite IMO than the plastic ones.
    I've given up on the figure 9s in favor of the old truckers hitch for two reasons. Sometimes depending on the width of the hang I find I have to remove and reattach the figure 9, which I find annoying. Second It's more weight/crap I have to carry. I've been trying to simplify everything in my system. I would also trust the hitch in a storm more than I would a figure 9. (without a backup knot) It also gives me a perfectly taught line everytime.

Miguel

Hammock
    HH-HBPA,2QZQ-Mod2L
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx Spinn
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 & TiGoat
    Suspension
    DIY 7/64" UCR's
    Images
    I use a trucker's hitch also, though on my pack you will ussually always see a couple extra Fig9 carabiners (just in case I might need them )...

I do find the Fig9's get my wrap closer to the tree in tight sets. I guess I like having options, even when I prefer not to use them. Kinda like a reverse and not so OCD complex thing .

Yes, sometimes I do find myself a bit much to deal with also...
    H4x
    SM TR49, SR-875 "A boy learns integrity through his eyes, ears and hands."

"You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no telling where you might be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins, as quoted by Frodo The Fellowship of the Ring

• + New Posts