Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    10x12 El Cheapo
    Suspension
    Cargo Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindwalk View Post
    Greetings all.

I am completely new to camping/hiking/hammocking (if that’s a word yet). I've been hanging out recently with a friend of mine (known as Kritter on this forum), who has got me into the unfortunate habit of trying to get into shape: thus the introduction to hiking and using a hammock to camp out with.

At this time, I have 0 skills and 0 experience (outside of walking on trails). However, usually when I get into something, I like to really get into it. After perusing this site and others for the last couple of weeks, I am leaning towards a Warbonnet Blackbird Double Layer Hammock and a Molly Mac Gear IX UQ. I am still researching for a good/light/cheap TQ and Tarp. Please feel free to make suggestions or give me some additional ideas and considerations.

Also, if you can think of anything else I could use or would be good to gain knowledge about, I would appreciate it; as Kritter would too, so I don’t keep pestering him.

Thanks, and I look forward to learning from you all.
    Lived in Bellingham for about 4 years. Great place! Larrabee State Park would be a great place to hang. Enjoy!

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Mamajamba Silnylon
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps
    I’d like to thank everyone for the warm welcome. I am glad to say that I have already ordered myself a Warbonnet Blackbird and Tarp. I am looking forward to those coming. I’ve read through numerous posts and tried a friend’s out and was really happy with what I found. I am still on the search for a UQ, IQ, backpack, and just about every other survival thing I can think of, though thanks to you guys I have begun to get a good understanding of what those might be.

I have encountered a lot of information on this site and have been impressed… and a bit overloaded. I am not usually much of a poster to sites, but I will do my best to let you guys know of my progress and ask any questions that I have; and be assured, I will be a frequent reader.

Thanks Ozark Mac for your mention of Larrabee State Park. I have been hiking around there for the past couple of weeks and have really enjoyed it. I think it would be nice to find a spot around Pine and Cedar sometime for a one-night stay to test out my new equipment when it comes.

Shadowmoss – I would really enjoy checking out some of your camping/hammocking equipment and will send you a message to set up a meet. Thank you for the offer.

Thank you all for treating a newbie so well,

~Mindwalk

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    GUIDE GEAR 12X12
    Insulation
    CCF PAD, DIY UQ
    Suspension
    RING BUCKLES
    Welcome Mindwalk. I used to live in on Whidbey Island and miss Wa. dearly. Still have plenty of friends there (some live and work in B'ham) and can't wait to get back and do more hiking there.

Hammock
    The "kayaker"& 'Coopoer's Cot"
    Tarp
    My awning Kit
    Insulation
    Cascade design 48"
    Suspension
    1/2" nylon line
    Images
    Hello all you Bellinghamsters from Outer County Farm out near the log show grounds.We are going to be 1 of the farm on the Whatcom Farm Tour Sept 8 th .Come out and set up your hammock for the day in our Hazelnut orchard and see the hammock factory home of Deckhand Manufacturing.We will have a fine day hanging out
    I AM deckhandman.com Hammock MFG

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    welcome to the madness

At this time, I have 0 skills and 0 experience
    none of us were experts when we started. as time goes you will find that the more you learn the less you know.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Welcome to HF from Georgia! Nothing like getting a hammock, you'll find more stuff here than you ever thought you'd need.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Hammock
    Ask me tomorrow
    Tarp
    Old Blue
    Insulation
    DIY, HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Agnostic
    Images
    Hi diddly do and welcome to you.
    If you want to try anything out, let us know and we'll arrange a meet and hang.

Hammock
    1.4 oz Ripstop DIY
    Tarp
    5x7
    Insulation
    PLUQ, Mummy Bag
    Suspension
    10' straps
    Hi neighbor!

Welcome from Camano Island...

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12