pre-new from Bernville, PA

As the title says, I am pre-new. This means I haven't quite gone down the hammock road yet.

I am always searching for a better way to get a good night's rest. The $3k tempurpedic is leaving me with upper back pain, and I am quickly approaching that 90 day return date. Since it's the first time in years I have been able to sleep through the night I am worried about giving up the expensive bed for a hammock. I have about 45 days to find a hammock and try it out. I found this site by searching for sleep options on the web.

Here's hoping that the posts I have read here will lead me to a better sleeping solution.

I think that simple can often be better than complex and expensive. I couldn't run, due to knee pain, until I switched to barefoot style running.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    Welcome! I get my best nights rest when I sleep in a hammock. I would have done away with my bed a long time ago. But unfortunately I do not think that my walls will take the load.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WBB Superfly
    Suspension
    Adjustable Web
    Images
    I'm still trying to figure out a way to put "decorative" hooks in the bedroom so the wife won't notice.

Welcome to the forum.
    Hammocker Prayer - "Don't every let my wife sell my hammock equipment for what I told her I paid for it."

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I broke my back in 2002 & was glad to discover hammocks in 05. Been sleeping in one nightly since.
    Everybody's back is different, but there are quite a few members here on HF that have had serious back issues & found that using a hammock is just what they needed.
    If there's not one already, maybe we need to start a thread focusing on "Hammocks & Back Problems". Then when someone asks, we can just point them to that thread for a good start
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    You are in my back yard so if you would like to try out different hammock some time PM me.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

thanks for the responses. Bought a Jewel double from seaside. Tonight will be night 3. The only thing missing would be someone to nudge the hammock, now and again, so I can fall asleep like a baby.

I have to admit, it is very comfortable, but it took me the last two nights to decide how I wanted it set up. I did need a pillow under my one knee, and a sheet to take the rough edge off the fabric. I am sleeping directly under my ceiling fan.

• + New Posts