Hammock
    Blackbird DL1.1 / ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WntrYeti/Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Webbing
    I got some snake skins that GREATLY increased my speed and reduced the stress of untying unwanted knots in my setup process. Everything is so much easier this way and was well worth the $14 I spent on them.

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    For this setup:
    You will permanently attach your tarp to the tarp ridgeline via continuous loop prussics, have your guylines prussic'd to your tarp drings as well.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to attach your tarp to the dring permanently(or until you decide to remove it) with continuous loops:

*this is a pm CrankyBear sent me, i hope he doesn't mind me posting, its nothing personal, just about the setup. All credit to opie, cranky bear, tee dee*

"The first prussic is pretty easy, don't take it off the ridgeline just larkshead the prussic to the d-ring and pull the tarp ridgeline through, that's the easy one!!
    Next what I did was take the second prussic off the ridgeline and tie it too the cut ink cartridge, larkshead it too the d-ring
    The next part took me a little while, now that you have it larksheaded to the d-ring take the tarp ridgeline and try and wedge it into the ink cartrigde and then loosen the prussic by twisting it and gently slide it onto the tarp ridgeline, it took me a couple tries to get it on as it kept slipping out of the ink cartridge but I got eventually got it!
    What you could try and I thought of this after I got it on, is put a small piece of tape (duct tape or the like holding the ink cartridge and the tarp ridgeline together which might make it a little eaiser, as they liked to separate on me!"

see this thread for the ridgeline(note:in this thread i am using regular prussics, now i use continuous loop prussics):
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ot+info&page=2

how to make continuous loops:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...d.php?p=201805

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A video is being uploaded to youtube showing how to make the nacra prussic right now. Search for my profile, ikemouser9, check my videos you will find it in about an hour.

For your guylines you just need a fixed loop on one end (search for locked brummel pictoral) and a backsplice (to stop the line from exiting the prussic that connects the guyline to the tarp dring) on the other. The fixed loop will go over your stake, while you can slide the line in and out of the prussic on your guyline drings to adjust/tighten them down.

locked brummel pictoral:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=13328
    This setup requires no knots, is extremely light and fast.

I would stowe your tarp in snake skins, of if you want lighter than snake skins, create nacra loop thingys like here:

http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...&postcount=291

and use them to furl the tarp, lighter than skins, same idea.

I setup my tarp in less than 1.5 mins.

Use 4 wrap prussics on your tarp ridgeline, 3-4 wrap on your guylines. You will need 1.75mm zing it or lash it 2.2mm. You can use amsteel 7/64 as well, but it is bulky for this ap. Make sure line your prussic'ing to is thicker than your prussic line, otherwise you will have to make 5-6 wraps for sure. Zing it, lash it are availible at sherrill tree climbing gear site. Small metal fig 9's can be bought online, make sure you get the small ones. Splicing needles can be bought at your local fabric store, they look like regular needles except have a longer head hole and are dull, make sure you get a variety pack that includes small ones.
    Last edited by ikemouser; 06-10-2010 at 06:50.

Ike I don't mind, but I don't think I should get any credit as I am pretty sure that teedee or other's have done this very same thing way before me! But thank you anyway!

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    My YouTube Videos on the nacra prussics are up, Search for ikemouser9 or "how to make nacra prussic." I forgot to say how to make a backsplixe in the video, but you can see how to in hue whoppie sling tutorial in the suspension forum.

Glad I didn't offend you by posting cranky, just wanted to add your contribution.

So is the line that from Opie or Arrowhead tangle resistant?

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    I would say that it is, you still can knot it up but not as bad as others. It is fairly firm so that it will not get as bad as some that are softer like mason line or lines like that.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kukri View Post
    I got some snake skins that GREATLY increased my speed and reduced the stress of untying unwanted knots in my setup process. Everything is so much easier this way and was well worth the $14 I spent on them.
    So who's making the lightest snakeskins?

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    I'm fairly certain Hennessy Hammocks is the only one who can market those - I believe they've got the patent on them.

You could make your own - they're pretty easy, or probably get someone who's very DIY saavy to make you a set, or you can just buy them from Hennessy.

The lightest would be if you made them with No-See-Um netting.
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner, Dangerbird
    Tarp
    Big Daddy
    Insulation
    HG 3 Season/IX UQ
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sclittlefield View Post
    I'm fairly certain Hennessy Hammocks is the only one who can market those - I believe they've got the patent on them.

You could make your own - they're pretty easy, or probably get someone who's very DIY saavy to make you a set, or you can just buy them from Hennessy.

The lightest would be if you made them with No-See-Um netting.
    Thanks...are most people buying #3s or #4s from Hennessy? The 3s are 77" long and the 4s are 84". My tarp is 128" so it seems like the 3s would more than cover it. I only plan on stowing my Clark tarp in it which has eight lines on it. My goal is to reduce the tangling of lines.

Miguel

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
    furlers made nacra style from 1/16 or 1/32 shockcord are going to be lighter than even no-see-um snake skins.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast