Tarp
    MC SpinntexDeLux
    Insulation
    MW3,Yeti,HGsb,UL90
    Suspension
    WS
    Images

CLOSED: 10% off at Honeyville

Have yet to purchase anything from this vendor. From this forum people have recommended their powdered butter and milk. Signed up for their e-newsletter. Received notice of a 10% discount (June10-15th). Code is: GLOOM.

Quantities of items tend to be bulk. Has anyone repackaged these products in vacuumed pack or air tight containers using the oxygen absorbers. Shelf life is long for unopened containers. Wondering if repacking into smaller units would last from now through Autumn? Specifically their milk & meat products. Their web site notes 1 month in refrig and only 1 week at room temp. after opening of meats.

Noel V.

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by koaloha05 View Post
    Have yet to purchase anything from this vendor. From this forum people have recommended their powdered butter and milk. Signed up for their e-newsletter. Received notice of a 10% discount (June10-15th). Code is: GLOOM.

Quantities of items tend to be bulk. Has anyone repackaged these products in vacuumed pack or air tight containers using the oxygen absorbers. Shelf life is long for unopened containers. Wondering if repacking into smaller units would last from now through Autumn? Specifically their milk & meat products. Their web site notes 1 month in refrig and only 1 week at room temp. after opening of meats.

I've not used any of their meats, but I do have milk, butter, blueberries, peaches, onions, celery, eggs and cereal. All of those last at least a couple of months after opening (before adding water) without refrigeration.

I've taken about all of it in ziploc bags for backpacking trips. My guess is that if you vacuum seal it in smaller packages and store it out of light and in normal room temps, it should last easily until Autumn.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl; Nano 7
    Tarp
    Flat 8x10
    Insulation
    Yeti; CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Yes, I bought a couple #10 cans of the whole eggs a long while ago. They are very edible. If you vacuum seal the portions that you need and keep them in the freezer they easily last for 2 years. I add salt and other seasoning to the dry mix before packaging. So far I've only used them for car camping though.

• + New Posts