Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Crows Nest
    Suspension
    Web and Woopie
    Images

Trip Support

Hey all!

I was wondering where to place this post but this seems to be the best spot.

I was hoping we could create a network of sorts for various situations based upon our locale that we might provide, given a specific circumstance. I didn't see anything like this in any of the forum headings and thought I would see what you thought.

My thinking is that (based upon region, for example) we could make an area in the forums for "current trips." In this area of the forum we could have a breakdown of geo areas and what hammock friends could/would freely offer if a specific need arose.

Here is what I mean.....Say, I am in Arkansas and weather turns very foul or I needed immediate assistance for some reason, or I just wanted to coordinate a coffee in the AM. If we had a listing of what people could offer (conversation, place to hang out in the back yard, a place top make repairs or could offer repairs--seam sealing stuff, for example) we could give a support net to those in our area who are tying to enjoy the thing we do here on HF.

BMOA does the same thing buy providing a listing of members who volunteer to provide coffee, conversation, tools, a place to stay, towing, etc.... Why couldn't do the same for HF folk?

Now, let's say that the Linville Gorge trip goes as planned and 23 spouses would like an update but only 7 people brought a phone and only 3 of them worked at a given time (based upon coverage, sun spots, etc...) if we made 3 contact points--one to Marge, one to Vicky and one to Kim, for example, we could relay by those in the filed that x, y, z, w, q r are here and safe. Nice. Those three spouses could post that Shug, Hickery, Fatfoot were ok and in camp "x" and folks at home could feel better at ease without having to hear from all, one at a time. I think you get the point.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Airborne; 06-13-2010 at 02:03.
    Tally Hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Airborne
    ------------
    When a WBBB Is Turned Into a Slingshot

• + New Posts