Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0

Summer is Half Gone. ...Procrastination... Who? Me?

I think I have robbed myself of the last obstacle to proof-of-concepting that CDT summer UQ...

[Hemming/Sewing clips... they actually have room enough inside the "bite" to shove in several inches of our kinds of fabric. They should solve a myriad of injecting annoyances]
    >> Onward thru the fog...>>
    Find me on my blog Moosenut Falls https://moosenutfalls.wordpress.com/

Summer only started 2.5 weeks ago on June 21. You've got time.

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    Up here in the Northwoods Hood we only get that "six weeks of bad sledding" before our leaves start to drop

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Working on it
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Grundelore View Post

I think I have robbed myself of the last obstacle to proof-of-concepting that CDT summer UQ...

[Hemming/Sewing clips... they actually have room enough inside the "bite" to shove in several inches of our kinds of fabric. They should solve a myriad of injecting annoyances]
    Out of curiosity and being a nOOb here, I have to ask, what do you do or make?

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    guitstik~~ you can use them instead of pins to hold together layers our VERRRRRRRY! slippery fabrics for sewing. I am going to use them to hold the edges of a down throw UQ together around a temp-suspension to proof-of-concept my design before final cutting and sewing.

They also seem to be perfectly sized [3-4 weigh next-to-nothing] to toss in your rigging pouch to "clothespin" stuff to suspensions. As well they have a pair of openings in the grips that would let you pass a line right through. I may try adding a bead/smear of silicon to the grips to make it "non-slip".
    Since their springs are relatively strong, I think they are going to turn out to be pretty useful.... "more will be revealed" as they say.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Working on it
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    guitstik~~ you can use them instead of pins to hold together layers our VERRRRRRRY! slippery fabrics for sewing. I am going to use them to hold the edges of a down throw UQ together around a temp-suspension to proof-of-concept my design before final cutting and sewing.

They also seem to be perfectly sized [3-4 weigh next-to-nothing] to toss in your rigging pouch to "clothespin" stuff to suspensions. As well they have a pair of openings in the grips that would let you pass a line right through. I may try adding a bead/smear of silicon to the grips to make it "non-slip".
    Since their springs are relatively strong, I think they are going to turn out to be pretty useful.... "more will be revealed" as they say.
    Can I volunteer as a test dummy, I already have the "dummy" part down pat LOL

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    Guitskik~~ Dude! You just joined us within the last few days... NO worries!

[One Freebie: WE call DIY sewing "thread injecting" or "fabric welding" to sound all guy-like and such]

Hammock
    AMOK Draumr 3.0
    One Step Closer

I finished the POC [proof-of-concept] on my Costco UQ. Done-finished, it will be 9sq x 14sq [about 70"x 45"], single layer, with the cutoffs becoming draft collars and a pillow... more for practice than really any need on a summer-weight, 50°+/- quilt. Standard suspension, ala UGQ and HG stuff. I also plan on leaving a one-row edge all around, and then pulling the horizontal stitching to give lineal down tubes. Those have worked out well [reversed] on the CDT TQ. Matched, I should have a nice summer set.

It doesn't look too bad, but I have to be honest, it's held together with climbing reg 'biners, clothespins, an "S"load of safety pins, and features three different gauges of bungee cord. And knots... a lot of knots. All that's missing is the duct tape.
    Tomorrow is calling for rain so I might actually get some sewing done. Of course, I screwed up my last Dutchware order and got pack hooks instead of line lock hooks. So, even once I get it sewn together, the suspension is going to be kludged for a while, but if it will keep my tuckus warm in the Chameleon down at the Harold Parker SF Hang in 10 days... all's well.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock "Sparrow"
    Tarp
    Superfly,Kelty 12
    Insulation
    hg 20 inc/40 phnx
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Looks good from here buddy! You bringing it to the Harold hang?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    One Step Closer

I finished the POC [proof-of-concept] on my Costco UQ. Done-finished, it will be 9sq x 14sq [about 70"x 45"], single layer, with the cutoffs becoming draft collars and a pillow... more for practice than really any need on a summer-weight, 50°+/- quilt. Standard suspension, ala UGQ and HG stuff. I also plan on leaving a one-row edge all around, and then pulling the horizontal stitching to give lineal down tubes. Those have worked out well [reversed] on the CDT TQ. Matched, I should have a nice summer set.

It doesn't look too bad, but I have to be honest, it's held together with climbing reg 'biners, clothespins, an "S"load of safety pins, and features three different gauges of bungee cord. And knots... a lot of knots. All that's missing is the duct tape.
    Tomorrow is calling for rain so I might actually get some sewing done. Of course, I screwed up my last Dutchware order and got pack hooks instead of line lock hooks. So, even once I get it sewn together, the suspension is going to be kludged for a while, but if it will keep my tuckus warm in the Chameleon down at the Harold Parker SF Hang in 10 days... all's well.
    Go for it! The I have DIYD as well (Do it Yourself Disorder).

Sent from somewhere east of Montauk...
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast