Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images

Summer TQ/UQ By Perfect Trees: Review

First off, Thank you Stormcrow (Adam) for makeing me such beatiful summer quilts and espically for the SUPURB customer service. So These two quilts are crafted really nicely. You can just tell by the stiching the amount of detail and care that went into makeing these quilts. They both loft up really nicely and fully. All end points are nicely secured to prevent fraying. Instead of having knots sticking out the end of the UQ at the top and bottom he sewed it shut and secured the bungee cord by sewing it in. It gives the UQ a much neater cleaner look without the knots sticking out. The other thing that he did which im a huge fan of is made the draft collar pull in the center of the Burrow which really allows it to be tucked around the shoulders easier then a one sided draw string cord like he used to do on his quilts (nice change big thumbs up). When I opened the package at first I was a bit confused bc their was only one stuff sack which I figured he did for space and weight saving putting both quilts in the same stuff sack. But when I opened it, I found 2 more stuff sacks. I like having the option of putting them both in one or in individual ones. The stuff sack for the UQ and TQ are the same size, but they can pack way smaller if you wanted to. I dont like to over stuff my down even on the trail so I like a stuff sack with a bit more volume. Im not sure about temps yet (it was 90 outside when i was testing them) but these should be able to take me down to 40 comfortably. I wont have a chance to hang with them till Monday when I leave for my LT E2E so the functionality part of the review will have too wait till august.

Summer Crows Nest Loft

Summer Burrow Hung over WBBB. Notice the pretty green color and the black draft colar and foot box.

Ptarmigan on Left Burrow On right

Both in the same stuff sack

Summer Ptarmigan

Other side of Ptarmigan
    Last edited by lazy river road; 06-14-2010 at 17:30.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Very nice quilt's there LRR!! Boy Adam does make a fine lookin quilt
    I'm sure they will treat you well on your trip!!!

What's the weight on them bad boy's?????

Hammock
    DIY gathered end
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    100% Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Thanks Jesse,

I am glad you got them in time for you trip. I still think that is one of my favorite color combos you got there. As to the weight of the two...I am lame. I did not get a weight on them because I was in such rush to make the post office deadline. I have to turn in my gram weenie card now...

Just a little clarification. Your second photo is showing the loft of the summer Crowsnest, not the Burrow. I do not use any grosgrain edging on my top quilts.

I am glad you like the stuff sacks. When I saw how small they were I thought that it might be nice to just keep them in one sack (that is what I do)

Also, I am discontinuing the Ptarmigan . Not the product, just the name. I find it a bit confusing to have so many names for the few products I have listed right now. So for the time being I am just going to stick with the three (3) names for my down quilts. The Crowsnest, Incubator, and Burrow. Each one of them will have a summer, 3 season, and winter version. It is just easier for everyone (including us at TPT) to keep track of what is what.

~Stormcrow
    Owner/Founder at Hammockgear.com - Hammock Camping Outfitters
    Home of the Burrow, the Incubator, and the Phoenix

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcrow View Post
    Thanks Jesse,

Just a little clarification. Your second photo is showing the loft of the summer Crowsnest, not the Burrow. I do not use any grosgrain edging on my top quilts.

~Stormcrow
    edited...yeah def no grosgrain on TQ...

And cranky im gonna swing by the Post Office in the next couple of days to weigh my pack and contents and ill get the weight of the quilts.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    HH UL - transitioning to WB BB
    Also very curious about the weights on these summer variations... Can't find the info anywhere!

• + New Posts