Whoopie Sling All in One

I am brand new to hammocks and I plan to soon purchase an eno doublenest. I have been trying hard to learn about hammock suspension and I'm starting to think that the whoopie sling "all in one" system along with two dutch clips and a whoopie sling ridge line would seem to be the best option. I could get rid of the channel rope and biners that came with my hammock and run the all in one system straight through the hammock channels. Also, since dutch clips are sold out, I could use the two biners my hammock came with as a replacement until I can get my hands on two dutch clips. Is there any reason why this wouldn't be my best option?

I feel like the 6' sling and 6' hugger would be plenty long enough. I think I understand how the ridgeline works and how to attach it to the all in one system. Is the idea to just keep the whoopie sling ridgeline at a constant length whenever you pack up the hammock so that it keeps the same length and sag the next time you set it up? Would a tarp go directly over the ridgeline or is it better to have a seperate tarp ridgeline that isn't even connected to the hammock?

Thanks

Hammock
    diy fiddle factor
    Tarp
    diy cat cut hex
    Insulation
    whatever
    Suspension
    openable whoopies
    Images
    i do not know any thing about eno hammocks and how the suspension is attached.but the suspention system you described is a good choice.it is popular,easy to use,light,and dependable.the biners will work good till you get dutch's clips.
    you are corect in your ridgeline assumptions,same sag everytime.it is better to have a seperate system to tie tour tarp up with.one of the reasons being if you attach it to your hammock(suspension),after you tension your tarp,then get in the hammock your weight will sag the hammock down (and suspension)moveing your tarp and changeing its tautness.
    welcome to the forum
    bill

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    jeremy, a very good choice!! i am a long time eno user, and i have had several hanging systems. whoopie slings and whoopie rl is awesome. since dc are sold out you can use a nano 7 biner in the mean time.
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    BlackBird
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings
    jeremy,
    I have the same system, only a singlenest. And the slings and whatnot are being made tonight I assume. Opie is a great guy and very helpful. He had some Dutch clips that he was able to sell me himself.

Peanuts,
    You said you have been using eno for a long time now. What do you use for a bugnet and suspension for that?

Sorry for the hijack

I have no idea which of the three rings to choose for my all in one system. (SMC Descender rings, SMC Rigging rings or Omega Pacific Rappel rings). Are they all going to provide sufficient strength? If they all work equally well then I guess I'll have to just decide based on the weight and color.

Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Quote Originally Posted by FoerchVizsla View Post
    jeremy,
    I have the same system, only a singlenest. And the slings and whatnot are being made tonight I assume. Opie is a great guy and very helpful. He had some Dutch clips that he was able to sell me himself.

Peanuts,
    You said you have been using eno for a long time now. What do you use for a bugnet and suspension for that?

Sorry for the hijack
    i didn't know Opie was now selling dutch clips ?
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyLangford View Post
    I have no idea which of the three rings to choose for my all in one system. (SMC Descender rings, SMC Rigging rings or Omega Pacific Rappel rings). Are they all going to provide sufficient strength? If they all work equally well then I guess I'll have to just decide based on the weight and color.
    They are all climbing rated... so it doesnt matter which ones you pick. For most it comes down to weight. The SMC descending rings are 11 grams each. The SMC rigging rings are 26 grams each and the Omega rings are 34 grams each. The rigging rings are the smallest of the bunch while the Descending rings have the largest overall diameter and the Omega rings are the fattest.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlespaul View Post
    i didn't know Opie was now selling dutch clips ?
    Im not... I had a few pair that I didnt need and I was asked if I would be interested in selling them.

• + New Posts