BMBH
    Tarp
    DIY sil cat cut
    Insulation
    DIY Down
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudu View Post
    Col_M is that a gradient wing above your head? where do you fly?

I fly swing and gradient here in BC, good to see another Paraglider on the site, Hammocks work well with Paragliding, That's how I flew the world cups and the worlds for two years on the trot
    Hi Kudu,
    That was a tandem jump/flight that I did in Chamonix, France. I'd never done it before or done it since but I loved it, I'm seriously thinking of doing a course or something to learn the basics but have no idea where I'll find the time right now but it's on the list. Gliding so close to mountains and a km above the village below was just amazing, I'm sure you know but I felt like it's the closest thing to flying that I'll ever do.

Hammock
    Diy two layer 190T Poly
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Self inflating mat
    Suspension
    Single line
    Hi WildWhippet, Welcome to the Forum

As already mentioned DD are great for Hammocks in the UK, also I've had a good experiance with Tenth Wonder gear, and there is always the DIY approach.
    If you are intending to do a lot of Modding to what ever you buy, I suggest you pick up a simple two layer hammock (cheap) from tenth wonder, play around with it till you find a set-up you feel comfy with and then look at buying or making the set-up that you want.

I still use my (cheap) two layer, however it is now hung from 3mm Dyneema from Marlow ropes, uses poly strapping for tree huggers and has a seperate DIY bugnet on the ridgeline.

As for weather protection, you can't beat a good Tarp with a bit of space for personal admin, DD have a nice 3mx3m tarp that works well with a Hammock and also the old Army Surplus tend to have 8' x 5' basha/tarps knocking about.

What ever you decide to do, make sure you are comfortable and happy with it, before spending loads of cash on a top of the range hanging palace that you can never hang properly and gives you a bad back!!

Where in the UK are you?
    "Coz I find strength in pain, and I will change my ways, I'll know my name as its called again"

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12