Yesterday was a beautiful day so i headed off into the backcountry to paddle on the little slocan lakes. This was a shot leaving the Slocan Valley.I live in this general vacinity.

This looking the other direction up the Little Slocan Valley.

This is a shot on the way to the lakes looking up at the south end of Valhalla park. The peaks your looking at are part of the Mulvey cirque. You can see the Wolves Ears and just to the left is Gimli. That little piece of rock on the left is a 1000' high and one of the nicest rock climbs in southern BC.

Okie Dokie. This is taken from the north end of the Upper Little Slocan Lake and i'm working my way down to the river that joins the upper and lower lakes.

Now i'm staring to enter the river between the lakes.This was particularly nice because of seeing the grass under the water bending over from the flow and seeing these beautiful big leaves about a foot under the surface , of course i forgot to take apicture of that,still in training.

A little father down the river.

At this point or a little farther down there started to be some rapids and i wasn't sure if i could get back up or not so i'll have to check that out another day after i get some more info so i turned around and started to make my way back via the west side of the lake.

Along the way i came across a Loon sitting on her nest.

So ends another adventure for the new kid on the water. Tommorrow i get my spray skirt and some dry bags.My skills are growing each time i'm out so hopefully before too long i'll do an overnight by the water. Enjoy