Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Downy goodness
    Suspension
    webbing

Hanging in Humboldt

I'd like to put a trip together in Humboldt Redwood State Park here in farnorcal now that the rain has finally stopped. I know there is at least one other hanger up here. We certainly have the trees. Was thinking in one of the environmental sites so that you could have your vehicle close by for those who would be making a long drive here. Also campfires are allowed at these sites unlike the backcountry ones. Plenty of hiking trails to choose from so the ambitious and those not so could hike to their hearts content. If anyone is interested just let me know.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Downy goodness
    Suspension
    webbing
    Never mind. Can't reserve the spots needed this season. Dang budget cuts! Here's looking at the 2011(not that it will be any better)season. I'll try to book earlier.

Banned
    Images
    Yeah, when I talked with the USFS a few weeks back they said that 95% of the area up here is shut down this year - and won't be open at all.

Bearharbor is *suppose* to be open, but last I checked (a few weeks back) there was a road cave-in so it was shut-down too.

At this point, it seems like it's either patricks point, prairie creek, up off of tittlow hill (all forest land that is totally open) or having to drive up to Ruth lake and suffer the heat.

(btw, sorry for not calling you today... buddy called me to help him with building his house and I just got back home 20 minutes ago)

What if we went South a bit... say, down to richardson grove area. That might help those coming North a bit. There is really no reason to go much beyond that, as then we leave our favorite Redwood trees behind.

• + New Posts