Hammock
    Hennessy Exped Assym/ ENO Dbl
    Insulation
    Crowsnest/DIY SPE
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

How often do you get out ?

I try to get out as much as possible but its hard to get away with responsibilities, family, job etc... I usually manage to do at least a day hike every 4-6 weeks, after that I start getting antsy. I don't get out for an overnighter as often as I should because my wife doesn't like to be home alone. I was wondering if that's about average for everybody. I'd like to get out every two weeks if I had it my way.

How often do you get out ?

Hammock
    HH & WB & GT & ENO
    Tarp
    Hennessy ASYM 30D
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I get out for a hike/paddle/ski every week, sometimes more often...

For the last 2 years, I've been camping at least once in every month, a worthwhile goal that I would like to continue...

Jamie - nfa

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    HH Sil-Hex
    Insulation
    JRB Nest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I hike with my family a couple times a week, and I try to get in an overnight (either solo or with friends) at least once a month. I'm lucky enough to live out in the sticks a 1/4 mile from the Charles Baker state forest system, and to have 30+ NYS forests within an hours drive so there are abundant choices.
    I find that the only way to get out as often as I do is to stay disciplined about it and put it into my schedule every month right beside my meetings and classes for work, and my training schedule at the gym.

Hammock
    Blackbird DL1.1 / ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    WntrYeti/Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie + Webbing
    Not nearly as often as my gear budget would suggest. However, I have to pay for it somehow and that means I have to work. Right now, we have been called for mandatory 12hr days 7 days per week until further notice. I expect to get out for a camp sometime in mid July though.

Funny you bring up this topic now; my fiancé asked me last night when I would be using all this gear I've bought in the last couple months. Most stuff I buy is doubled because I buy one for her too, which makes it look like I buy more than I really do.
    oldgringo's reply to my worrying about owning extra hammocks:

How many pairs of underwear do you own? Do you refer to them as "extras", simply because you're not wearing all of them as we speak?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    I did 40 weekends out last year, so that's a hike or kayak trip about 3 out of every 4 weeks plus some vacation time. I don't have kids, so my free time isn't spoken for.

I think the bare minimum for me is a two day trip once per month. If I go longer than that I get wanderlust.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Hammock
    BB 1.7 Dbl, ENO SN, Switchback
    Tarp
    SWT, Diamond Fly
    Insulation
    Infl. Pad, Fleece
    Suspension
    Ring Bckl, Whoopie
    I don't get to overnight as often as I like, but I do try to get out at least once a week for a hike/bike daytrip. Usually no more than 10-12 miles hiking, or 12-20 miles on the bike. But, I am also trying to regulate some recently diagnosed medical conditions, which keeps me from getting too far afield.

Looking forward to your next podcast. Can't wait to hear you talk about your hammock experience.
    "I used to be sane, but now I'm better."

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Every chance I can ..... and I take chances!!!!!
    Made a vow to go to the woods as much as possible as I age. Life is short ....LIVE!!!!!!!
    Shugra
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

I get out every weekend. Usually kayak fishing but sometimes that includes hammock camping.

Hammock
    Hennesey Expedition Asym Zip
    Tarp
    Hennesey Camo Asym
    Insulation
    Super Shelter
    Suspension
    Hennesey Stock
    An overnighter once per month. I'd be open to more often, but my wife wouldn't - she thinks a motel is roughing it, so I mostly have to go solo.
    We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect. - Aldo Leopold

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl; Nano 7
    Tarp
    Flat 8x10
    Insulation
    Yeti; CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    In between my training hikes and mountain biking I to overnighters often, extended trips not so often. That said I do have 2 back-to-back trips on my schedule. This weekend for 3-nights/4 days and next weekend for 2-nights/3-days.

Like Shug said, Life is Short....Live

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast