Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    Hotel pillows and comforters are mostly feathers I believe. You also have to consider the hotel funk on pillow and especially comforter (BTW I never use the comforters in a hotel. They don't wash them a lot. Take a blacklight to your next hotel, turn out the lights, and shine it on the comforter. It will make you shudder.)

Speer Hammocks sells 900fp down. When I got my SnugFit under quilt from Ed Speer it had a certificate with it the certified the down in the quilt as 927fp (+/- 10% margin of error in fp rating it stated). First time I had seen a piece of gear actually include something that showed the certified rating on the down. I think it said 98% down and 2% feather and aother particles. I can dig the certificate out and post a pic if anyone wants to see it and if I can still find it.
    Last edited by headchange4u; 09-28-2007 at 15:56.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Hammock
    Hennessy Hyperlight
    Tarp
    Hennessy Poly Hex
    Insulation
    DIY and JRB quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I got my swatches from Thru-hiker. He sent me a number of colors but I am leaning toward the earth tones so that I don't draw too much attention. The bright colors are pretty cool, but I'm more interested in the option for stealth camping when I need to.

In the Momentum 90, I'm looking at the Khaki and Steel Grey. I'm also considering Dark Green in the DWR 1.1. I'll use the color on the outside and black for the inside.

Many of you seem to think the Momentum 90 is much better. I admit that it is a denser fabric that you can't see through but, honestly, they feel about the same to me against my skin. Perhaps rubbing a swatch against your face isn't the best test. I'm going to have to think about it a bit.

How do you tell which is the wrong (inside, hidden) and right side (outside, visible) of the fabrics. The Momentum 90 has a very clear distinction between shiny and flat, but I don't know which is wrong or right! Yes, I am that clueless.

The DWR is even harder because I can barely tell the difference between the two sides.

Any suggestions?

Hammock
    HH HLB & AR
    Tarp
    Hammockgear cuben
    Insulation
    MYOG down quilt
    Images
    Can only speak re: the Momentum - the flat/matte side is the right side.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234