First Hang .....I'm Hooked

First solo hang....Livivg in the deep south of Louisiana I dont have many Mountains to climb. So I take off in my little boat and find a spot in the woods. Keep in mind its 98 during the day and 85 at night. Cant wait for cooler weather.I've been a tent camper for 30+ years and found that i really like hanging. Skeeters were pretty bad...but didnt get bit at all inside the hammock. I got the HH Explorer with super fly. My pack is the Advanced 3 day. I use homemade coke can stove. I just love going out and enjoying the peace and tranquility of being outdoors. Look foward to many more camping trips.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Have fun and keep hanging. The only thing worse than hanging on a 85 degree night would be to sleep in a tent for sure. I am heading to northern michigan this week. Night time lows in the 40's. Woo Hoo. Can't wait.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kd5gag View Post
    First solo hang....Livivg in the deep south of Louisiana I dont have many Mountains to climb. So I take off in my little boat and find a spot in the woods. Keep in mind its 98 during the day and 85 at night. Cant wait for cooler weather.I've been a tent camper for 30+ years and found that i really like hanging. Skeeters were pretty bad...but didnt get bit at all inside the hammock. I got the HH Explorer with super fly. My pack is the Advanced 3 day. I use homemade coke can stove. I just love going out and enjoying the peace and tranquility of being outdoors. Look foward to many more camping trips.
    ===> Nice hang! Idea: Instead of using rope/string to tie the branches together like you did ...hit the home store and pick-up some 11 inch plastic ties. Cheap, weigh nothing, cinch really tight, easy to cut-off when breaking camp, and does not waste rope.

Looked like fun! Hang on!
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    That is terrific Feller .... I applaud anyone hanging in that kinda heat but I bet it is soooo worth it. Hanging in South Louisiana ........ e-yiiiiiiii
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Have a Bunch
    Tarp
    DIY Hex Tarp
    Insulation
    I've used leaves
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Man, I love that set-up! (My good hanging friend also has a bag like yours) Especially that handmade tripod chair. Is that a gunny sack or something you used for the seat part? That's what I'm talking about there! Yeah, I have to say you have the right idea with that Hennessy hammock and the built in bug net. I live in south Texas..and WHOOO BOY do we get the humidity, heat, and mosquitoes too. Have to say it...by the way, Shug, I love the videos but when I see you out there in that snow I can do nothing but salute you for your bravery. I don't think I could EVER hang in that kind of weather. ;] I think I'll stick with kd5gag and wait for a nice southern fall to hang in.

Good luck on your next expedition, kd5gag!

• + New Posts