Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bugnet mod

bugnet mod

sorry if this has been poted before but i searched and couldnt find anything like this so if there is another thread, a link would be great. but... I am wondering if anyone has tried building an attached bugnet onto an ENO double nest. I was thinking that you could attach velcro or a zipper to bothe edges of the hammock and then the bug net could be zipped on and off for tons of setup possibliltiies. I am just wondering about this because i am purchasing my first hammock ( an eno double) and live in maine so a bug net is mandatory. That being said, i dont like the way the eno nets hang below the hammock and have far to much netting.
    If anyone has tried this on an eno or on a similar hammock, or knows of anyone who has, i would love the feedback!

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Hey Convertee - Great to see more Mainers here at HF. I'm in Glenburn, next town over.

What you're talking about is very possible. You could use either zipper or velcro, doesn't really matter. I made one similar to what you mentioned, with velcro at the either end for a couple feet, and left the center unfastened. I made it a bit wider at center and added pockets to put some gear or a stick/trail rock in to keep the flaps down. Works great and it's totally removable - not that you want to be w/o a bugnet in Maine!

Here's an illustration of what I mean. You'd have to change dimensions a bit to fit your hammock, and desired ridgeline length.
    Bugnet System.jpg
    DIY Gear Supply - Your source for DIY outdoor gear.

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    BWDD WD
    Insulation
    KAQ TQ/DIY KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    AHE CB/WEBBING
    I have just recently gotten an ENO doublenest as well, it too is my first hammock. I am attempting today to make a bug net for it. I have several ideas along the same thought pattern....hoping it goes well....

great to see this is plausible! i appreciate the plans and would love to hear your outcome on your bugnet attachment ideas

Quote Originally Posted by sclittlefield View Post
    Hey Convertee - Great to see more Mainers here at HF. I'm in Glenburn, next town over.

What you're talking about is very possible. You could use either zipper or velcro, doesn't really matter. I made one similar to what you mentioned, with velcro at the either end for a couple feet, and left the center unfastened. I made it a bit wider at center and added pockets to put some gear or a stick/trail rock in to keep the flaps down. Works great and it's totally removable - not that you want to be w/o a bugnet in Maine!

Here's an illustration of what I mean. You'd have to change dimensions a bit to fit your hammock, and desired ridgeline length.
    Bugnet System.jpg
    Great plans! i never would have thought of adding ripstop as well as bugnet. This would make it more like a blackbird if im imagining this right. Im thinking ill have to use your general idea with a few of my own modifications if nothing else is pruposed. P.S. good to know there are some mainers here!

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by convertee View Post
    Great plans! i never would have thought of adding ripstop as well as bugnet. This would make it more like a blackbird if im imagining this right. Im thinking ill have to use your general idea with a few of my own modifications if nothing else is pruposed. P.S. good to know there are some mainers here!
    Don't need to use ripstop - it's just how I did it. The blackbird is a very unique shape, this doesn't quite do match up with the Blackbird. Here's a pic of the actual item.
    BugNet System 1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by sclittlefield View Post
    Don't need to use ripstop - it's just how I did it. The blackbird is a very unique shape, this doesn't quite do match up with the Blackbird. Here's a pic of the actual item.
    BugNet System 1.jpg
    I like the setup. im deffinetly going to do this. I just need to find some no-seeum netting! thinking about taking apart a bug net for a cot. where did you find yours?

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Covertee:
    Check out this thread...........http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=18646
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    Covertee:
    Check out this thread...........http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=18646
    thanks for the link but i am trying to do an attached bugnet that is removable not a sock type net. I will however look into that netting!

Hammock
    It's a Secret.
    Tarp
    BWDD Winter Dream
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by convertee View Post
    I like the setup. im deffinetly going to do this. I just need to find some no-seeum netting! thinking about taking apart a bug net for a cot. where did you find yours?
    I found my bug netting right upstairs in my gear shop. Here's the online version. You can also get it a bit cheaper at OWFinc.com. Of course, being in Bangor, I'm fairly certain I could get anything you need sans shipping.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast