Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
Respectfully, I don't believe the problem will be solved with grip clips. The edges need to go toward the hammock, not away from it.

The OP was not filling up the UQ, so the edges fell away from the hammock. Grip Clips and guys would only pull it further away. Additional darts, a shortened end, or a new 3/4 IX UQ all would solve the problem.

===> Hey, Mac ... that is exactly how I used them - to pull the end closer to the hammock, as it was falling away. Once I attached the 10" bungees to the CG, I attached the other end to the ridgeline right at the end of the hammock. This pulled the fleece blanket up snugly around the head-end of the hammock on both sides

The center points were not guyed-out away from the hammock, but loosely up over the HH bug netting to the ridgeline with paracord and a 6" bungee to allow for movement when I got in and out.

I figured-out a way of using these things to 'snug' the blanket up near the bottom, with the bungees providing some play when a load was applied.

That said, I think I still am getting a real UQ soon! This jury-rigged system will only last so long, temperature-wise, and it takes a lot of time and fiddling to set-up correctly.

I will try to post a pic when I get a chance. It worked, but is certainly not the best solution for an UQ! Works great for tarps, though!