Images

Question about WhoopieSlings.com suspension

I'm fairly new here and haven't yet figured out who's who, so I'm sorry if I don't credit the right people for these ideas... :-)

I was looking at the http://whoopieslings.com/ site and looking at the various suspension systems. At the bottom of the page there's a video that shows a system that basically has a webbing strap with a toggle, a soft shackle, an adjustable continuous loop sling, a ring, etc. Forgive my ignorance, but what is the benefit of all of these pieces? Why isn't it sufficient to just put the toggle through a loop tired directly to the hammock itself? What am I missing by putting my toggle directly in the loops at the end of my hammock?

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Welcome!! Dont feel bad about getting ideas confused... this places ooooozes ideas.

The second vid from the bottom of the main page is of the All in One. This is geared more towards simplicity in that everything is connected and a ring is added to help prevent water from making it down your suspension and into your hammock. Currently there is no toggle included with the All in One, but Im seriously considering a second version, for the folks that like the MSH, but want their straps and slings connected.

The soft shackle is independent of the All in One, but can be used as a component of the system. The soft shackle is meant to replace a carabiner at a fraction of the weight.

There is no wrong or right way to string up your hammock. Most everything works, just find what works best for you. You could simply toggle the loop at the end of the hammock, but getting it set up correctly may mean tieing and untieing several times before you get it set correctly. The slings give you this adjustability infinetly through its range with no need to tie or untie anything.

• + New Posts