Hello everyone. Thanks for such a great site! Started walking to lose weight around the beginning of the year and fell in love the exercise and activity. I keep planning new longer hikes. I'd like to section hike the Florida Trail. I can do it on weekends and in 2-4 day slices. Sleeping on the ground in a tent was tolerable and (mostly) fun as a kid, but now... not so much.

I found this place accidentally while researching which hammock I should get. I had a pretty good idea of what I thought I need (want) when I got here but found more useful info and advice then the rest of entire net. (Yep - been through the entire internet, there is a Stucky's on the trailhead at the other end). Of couse - I've reconsidered my hammock-of-choice. Going to order a Warbonnet BB when Brandon returns.

I have a list of questions for the experts here (set-up for dealing with hot night time temps, ancillary gear and technique) but I've learned so much from the existing threads that I'm sure much of the information I'm looking for has already been posted.

I'll keep reading the old threads for now. Thanks again.
Tom