Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    holy $hit!!, where did they get those "regular" prices? the double nest doesn't cost that much normally. did you see their "regular" price for a hh expedition? $425. what a scam of a website. looks like all their "sale" prices are about the same as most places "regular" prices. i might e-mail them and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    You wanna see something funny? Look at this: http://www.hammockshub.com/enodoha.html

You'll see that it is a really good price; almost half off! I wonder how many people would pay full price for the ENO DN at this site?

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    holy $hit!!, where did they get those "regular" prices? the double nest doesn't cost that much normally. did you see their "regular" price for a hh expedition? $425. what a scam of a website. looks like all their "sale" prices are about the same as most places "regular" prices. i might e-mail them and see what they say.
    It looks like a typical sales tactic to me. They double the price of the goods and declare it 'normal', but have a perpetual sale at the real valued price. They do that in hope that any 'unenlightened' customers that come along will think 'Hey, it's half off, I should buy it'. It's bad business practice, but is not uncommon.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

Images
    just e-mailed them, here's a copy, i can't wait to hear their response, if they even reply.

hello, i was looking at your website today, you have an impressive selection of hammocks. this is good to see, as many places don't. one thing that did bother me though, was the "regular" prices as compared to your "sale" prices.

you list the "regular" price of a eagles nest double as 129$. i haven't seen them sold for that much anywhere ever, not even close to that much. then i looked at your hennessy hammocks. you list the "regular" price for the expedition jungle as $425, while hennessy hammocks website lists the retail price at 129$. this pattern is repeated many times on your website. often your supposed "sale" prices are still much higher than the manufacturer's "regular" price.

what gives, are you trying to trick people into thinking they are getting a great deal? where did you come up with these "regular" prices? i know alot about hammocks, and i haven't heard of anybody selling this stuff anywhere near these "inflated" regular prices. most places non sale prices beat your sale prices too. you probably knew that though. i guess if people are dumb enough to pay that much without checking around, then it's not your fault.

amused...Brandon

Hammock
    Custom 1.7/1.1 WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    DIY SWT
    Insulation
    JRB Nest & DIY RMS
    Suspension
    Whoopee Slings
    Images
    I'm betting you won't hear from them.
    Stoikurt
    "Work to Live...Don't Live to Work!"

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Nope, you won't hear a peep from them. It's unfortunate, but for every person that pays attention and does a little research before a purchase there are a 1,000 that don't.

Imagine a world with no infommercials....ahhhhhh.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY cat diamond
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ & OQ
    Images
    The 8.99 hammock came in today. Construction & design appear to be identical to my Bliss hammock. so far so good!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Arkwater- Looks like you're gonna have nice sleeping weather tonight in Arkansas. Let us know how it works!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoikurt View Post
    I'm betting you won't hear from them.
    When I first started exploring a hammock purchase about a month ago, I found an HH exped delux for about $20 less than advetised on HH's website. I called HH and they said that they do not have any products in retail or online stores.

I think hammockshub is some guy who bought one of those "get rich on the internet" schemes - establish a website, advertise products generally only available through mail order or online, show the regular price as twice the normal price, put the item on sale for 110% of what you'll have to pay for it, and pocket the 10% extra for just relaying orders to the supplier.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    REI sells Hennessy Hammocks.

Images
    Then Ann Hennessy lied to me. I can't imagine why she did but she was very adamant that I could not buy a new HH with a warranty from anyone other than HH.

But she was also nice enough to tell me that if I waited to November 1st they might have an a "sale" in which some accessories would be included for free with the purchase of the delux, and she also sent me a list of demo hammocks I could buy from them at a discount.
    Last edited by nogods; 10-11-2007 at 13:36.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast