CJH NX-150
    Tarp
    CJH RX-150
    Insulation
    Nemo Tuo Standard
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopie

Clark NX-150 with Whoopies.

I've searched (and have quite possibly overlooked) Hammock Forums for pictures of Clarks with Whoopie Sling suspensions. Since I converted the stock suspension of my NX-150 to 1/8" Amsteel, I thought I'd post some pictures of what it looks like. There is beauty in simplicity.

Wisdom (the Person) is both hidden and revealed in simplicity.
    Last edited by sevenspirits; 07-02-2010 at 19:07.
    My motto: Keep in the middle of the road.

Just wondering if you like the 150. And can tell me about cold weather camping in it.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    steven, your picture shows exactly how I also hang my tropical. I also have to deal with the line to hold up the netting (which your hammock has the poles for). I ran another line from the top of the netting (used a smaller whoopie) and attached it to the same binner that the hammock line is on. Ends up making it a one click (that would be the binner) to the tree strap to set up my hammock. Just like you do!!

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by revdrew View Post
    Just wondering if you like the 150. And can tell me about cold weather camping in it.
    cold weather camping in the NX 150 will be just like cold weather camping in the NA (the NX just has poles in the top but the bottom is the same). Try searching here for what other's have talked about the NA model. Or just read any/all about any of the Clarks, most people have the NA (not the Tropical) so you should get plenty of info.

Hammock
    CJH NX-150
    Tarp
    CJH RX-150
    Insulation
    Nemo Tuo Standard
    Suspension
    Amsteel Whoopie
    Brother Drew, I've been extremely pleased with the 150 thus far. It's been incredibly versatile and very comfortable with a super quick set-up time (I changed out the stock suspension for Whoopie Slings). I haven't spent time in it in the winter yet, although I have been in it some nights that reached down into the 30's. The weather-shield does a very good job at retaining heat, and I'm sure with adequate insulation you could camp in this thing below zero.
    Last edited by sevenspirits; 08-01-2010 at 21:02.
    My motto: Keep in the middle of the road.

I have yet to put hands on one so it will be a cold purchase for me. Cannot find one located here in Nashville. I love what I see in the 150. Seems a bit steep in price but most say its worth it. Do you find the rain fly adequate or needs to be bigger? That seems to be the final decision for me.

Also looking at what Clark offers for insulation. Thought the z-liner came with insulation to place in the pouches. Any knowledge on this.

Hammock
    BB1.0 double
    Tarp
    Hybrid Cuben F.
    Insulation
    Down & IX
    Suspension
    BB straps,whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by revdrew View Post
    Do you find the rain fly adequate or needs to be bigger?.
    Even on my reg sized Clark Tropical, I went with the XL rainfly. I find it to be adequate, but... If I'm able to carry my large Guide Gear 12x12 tarp, I do!!! If I'm backpacking, I'm using the Clark rainfly. Care has to be taken when setting up if it's gonna rain. If it's just a light sprinkling, I can leave the tarp spread out/open. Much heavier and I shut the foot end (seal the velcro). Really nasty blowing and I either seal the head end or sometimes I'll seal it half way down. I like to hang my backpack at the head end and I'll also throw my rain jacket over the ropes and the pack. This will block rain from blowing in. I prefer to use as big of a tarp as I can carry. The Clark tarp does work well if you set it up right for rain. Also if mother nature has placed the trees in the right spots, I like to set up with the foot end, into the wind. I don't like the wind/rain to hit me broadside. Usually I don't have a choice though.

• + New Posts