Hammock
    Homemade, gathered-end
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    With my 1000/3000 lb straps, if I pull things up "Grizz" tight, I almost have to cut the webbing, because the buckles won't turn loose.

The upside to those straps is that I've hung on trees that were 33 feet apart, no kidding.

Images
    IF you switch to spectra or similar high tech sailing lines you wont' have problems with stretch. They're all sub 1% stretch at max working load.

Images
    I know this isn't really your problem, but moving the figure 9s is real easy. You don't need to thread the rope through the 9s. Just make a loop stick the loop through the hole in the figure 9, then loop it around the elbow. Real easy, no sliding just undo and redo.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    With my 1000/3000 lb straps, if I pull things up "Grizz" tight, I almost have to cut the webbing, because the buckles won't turn loose.

The upside to those straps is that I've hung on trees that were 33 feet apart, no kidding.

That potential problem is why I have so far stuck with rope and either a cleat or Hitchcraft on one end. Loosening is always super easy with either one of those, even immediatly after tightening, and may or may not be with my cinch buckle.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lvleph View Post
    I know this isn't really your problem, but moving the figure 9s is real easy. You don't need to thread the rope through the 9s. Just make a loop stick the loop through the hole in the figure 9, then loop it around the elbow. Real easy, no sliding just undo and redo.
    I have thought it might be easier to just do like you said. Sliding is not really hard, I just put a finger thru the loop so it won't come out and slide. But it actually might be quicker your way as a routine. The only trouble with that and the hitchcraft is that my stock HH UL explorer rope is just a little tight pushing the loop thru the hole, so I'm not sure it would be quicker to undo and redo it. But it might be, I'll try it.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 10-01-2007 at 13:59.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapt View Post
    IF you switch to spectra or similar high tech sailing lines you wont' have problems with stretch. They're all sub 1% stretch at max working load.
    Good to know, and I will probably do that. I wonder what kind of ridgeline cord came on my ULAS Explorer? A model that is exactly one year old?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    I have thought it might be easier to just do like you said. Sliding is not really hard, I just put a finger thru the loop so it won't come out and slide. But it actually might be quicker your way as a routine. The only trouble with that and the hitchcraft is that my stock HH UL explorer rope is just a little tight pushing the loop thru the hole, so I'm not sure it would be quicker to undo and redo it. But it might be, I'll try it.
    It is actually the way you are "supposed" to do it according to Niteize.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12