WBBB DL 1.1
    Tarp
    Ogee
    Insulation
    Jerry Chair
    Suspension
    whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by gargoyle View Post
    I thought this whole forum was the kid's sections.

I agree. Instead of setting one section aside for kids I'd rather leave as much of the forum as possible open to the kids.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    I think the Mods do a great job policing the forums. My kids are long since grown and out on their own. However I do have grandkids now. I would not have any qualms about letting them post of the forums. It is my belief that parents / grandparents should as a matter of routine. Should keep themselves informed and abreast of any internet activity of their young ones.
    Terry

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    One problem with kids on forums is the legal one. See the following:

The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
    The primary goal of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) Rule is to give parents control over what information is collected from their children online and how such information may be used.

The Rule applies to:

Operators of commercial Web sites and online services directed to children under 13 that collect personal information from them;

Operators of general audience sites that knowingly collect personal information from children under 13; and

Operators of general audience sites that have a separate children’s area and that collect personal information from children under 13.
    The Rule requires operators to:
    Post a privacy policy on the homepage of the Web site and link to the privacy policy on every page where personal information is collected.

Provide notice about the site’s information collection practices to parents and obtain verifiable parental consent before collecting personal information from children.

Give parents a choice as to whether their child’s personal information will be disclosed to third parties.

Provide parents access to their child’s personal information and the opportunity to delete the child’s personal information and opt-out of future collection or use of the information.

Not condition a child’s participation in a game, contest or other activity on the child’s disclosing more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.

Maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of personal information collected from children.
    In order to encourage active industry self-regulation, COPPA also includes a safe harbor provision allowing industry groups and others to request Commission approval of self-regulatory guidelines to govern participating Web sites’ compliance with the Rule.

While I am not an attorney, any young'un under 13 who registers with HF using personal information would seem to bring COPPA into the picture.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12