Hennessey Hyperlite
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB 4 season set
    Suspension
    JRB Complete SS

Aircore Nano w/ JRB tensioners

I already have the Aircore Nano guylines w/ adjusters on my tarp and I really like them. I'm wondering if I can put the JRB tensioners on to help eliminate the stretch that comes from getting wet, and also to combat the slack that instantly gets into my tarp when I get in my hammock.

(I have the tarp pitched very tightly below the HH, ridgeline, so when I get in the hammock the tarp ends up much closer to the ridgeline)

A. will this work?

B. what's the best way to rig it - I assume I can just attach the JRB's at the tarp, cut that line very short, and do loop to loop connections between the JRB line and the Aircore.

Thanks!!
    Last edited by DawgU; 10-01-2007 at 05:58.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Just put the tensioners on the staked tie-outs. If you put them on the ridgeline, your tarp will flex to the side when the wind blows...creating a gap in coverage. At least that's what happened with mine.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Just put the tensioners on the staked tie-outs. If you put them on the ridgeline, your tarp will flex to the side when the wind blows...creating a gap in coverage. At least that's what happened with mine.
    The same happened to me when I tried tensioners on the tarp ridgeline. It's also difficult to get equal tension to keep your tarp centered at the head and foot ends.

Images
    I am going to try using the tensioner as side tie outs for my hammock. I think that will work decently well.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Big MJ
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, HR & MW4
    Images
    I use a single homemade JRB tensioner on the ridgeline and have no issues keeping the tarp in position since the head end is fixed. Why would you need more than one tensioner?

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8rs_dad View Post
    I use a single homemade JRB tensioner on the ridgeline and have no issues keeping the tarp in position since the head end is fixed. Why would you need more than one tensioner?
    Tarp size.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    WB Big MJ
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, HR & MW4
    Images
    You'd have to have a pretty big tarp to need the 8 inches of stretch that I get out my single tensioner.

Hammock
    Hennessey Hyperlite
    Tarp
    Mac Cat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB 4 season set
    Suspension
    JRB Complete SS

OK, help me out

I thought I needed to put one of them on each of the four corners of my MacCat Standard. I've already bought them, but I don't want to put any more on than is necessary.

I envisioned tying one to each corner. Cutting the line very short and tying a loop in the tag end. Then I'm not sure which way to go with the AirCore Nano line and tensioner.

My first guess is to run the line that creates the loop in the tensioner through the loop at the end of the JRB tensioner (I know that sounds very confusing - but it's a reference to a thread that suggested installing them backward so that the tension adjustment was made on the tarp end of the line, and the tag end was used to connect to the stake - allowing much greater flexibility in creating short lines when you need to get the tarp tied very close to the ground),

My second guess is to install the AirCore in the standard fashion, but since the JRB tensioners are already installed, just simply tie a loop in the tag end of the AirCore and do a loop to loop connection w/ the JRB.

I apologize if that's all clear as mud!

• + New Posts