Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogneato View Post
    Hmm.....well we missed the fresh catch of the day!

That sucks though. I hope nothing like that happens when we go. Hopefully it doesn't cause a "closure" of some sort. Let's keep an eye on the news about that.

Also regarding food and such, I'm not much of a cook, but I can bake some cookies....a LOT of cookies.
    Just don't go getting all creative and make cookies with the fresh catch of the day.

Hi Mike can you update the first post with the facts about the hang, i.e. location, etc.

Unless I should assume the dates and location on that page are now firm.

Hammock
    HH UL Backpacker Zip/ HH Expedition
    Tarp
    Expedition & Hex
    Insulation
    Homemade UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Soon to be Whoopie
    I meant to ask...our campsites...how close to the water are they? I'd like to bring my and the ladie's kayaks for a little paddle about!

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Counselor View Post
    Hi Mike can you update the first post with the facts about the hang, i.e. location, etc.

Unless I should assume the dates and location on that page are now firm.
    The date in the first post is correct and has been firm since that post in July. The Texas Fall Group Hang 2010: is set for November 12-14. (There may be a small advance group that goes out on the 11th to commandeer the sites we want.)

The location is Fairfield Lake State Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayak Camper View Post
    I meant to ask...our campsites...how close to the water are they? I'd like to bring my and the ladie's kayaks for a little paddle about!
    If we are able to get the same sites as last year we will be close to water in the Springfield Camping Area. Depending on the site, the water may be within 50 yards and down a 30 foot hill. (I just made up those distances since I don't really know for sure, but we are not right on the water nor terribly far from it if that helps.)
    Last edited by UncleMJM; 10-03-2010 at 00:05. Reason: added link with park map

Hammock
    Tarp
    Expedition & Hex
    Insulation
    Homemade UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Soon to be Whoopie
    Yanno I'm really tempted to buy on of those HH demo/ repair models for my fiancé. She's really scared that if she's not right next to me that a raccoon or something is going to eat her. Either which way I can get a second hammock for dirt cheap and she's ok with it. Im thinking the repaired HH Survior in the digital camp would make a nice addition at the price it's listed at. Even with the flaws.

Any words of advice how to calm her about sleeping in a hammock and her being safe?

Hammock
    DL 1.7 Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly/snakeskin
    Insulation
    exped 9 dlx, sb UQ
    Suspension
    warbonnet straps
    Images
    There's no bears, gators, or cougars, but don't tell her about the hogs .....
    and on the ground the smaller stuff can sneak into a tent, if you're high in the hammock they just pass on by.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    3-season Hex
    Insulation
    2oz OS Yeti
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by spidennis View Post
    There's no bears, gators, or cougars, but don't tell her about the hogs .....
    and on the ground the smaller stuff can sneak into a tent, if you're high in the hammock they just pass on by.
    So there are hogs huh? Typical for Texas. Good eatin' though! I'd be willing to be on the "recon" team on the 11th. If I'm off work that night, I'll just head that way and help out.

Anyone bringing their mountain bikes?
    Hammocks are God's way of saying....."relax guy".

Hammock
    Tarp
    Expedition & Hex
    Insulation
    Homemade UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Soon to be Whoopie

Gear mods

Ok so since someone made the mistake of inviting the newb hanger to this event I thought I would take advantage of the situation. Between bow and then I'm going to aquire some different pieces of gear based upon what I've read from here. I was wondering if some of the long time hangers would mind helping me install these thing out in the field? Now normally I'm a DIY kinda guy all the way, but I've got very little experience and would hate to ruin a new piece of gear just simply out of wanting to do it myself.

Now correct me if I'm wrong...some of you keep snake skins for both the hammock and the fly? Should I snag some of the whoopie slings? These are all smaller items i can convince the ole lady it's ok to buy. The 250 UQ is not in the budget though.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayak Camper View Post
    Ok so since someone made the mistake of inviting the newb hanger to this event I thought I would take advantage of the situation. Between bow and then I'm going to aquire some different pieces of gear based upon what I've read from here. I was wondering if some of the long time hangers would mind helping me install these thing out in the field? Now normally I'm a DIY kinda guy all the way, but I've got very little experience and would hate to ruin a new piece of gear just simply out of wanting to do it myself.

Now correct me if I'm wrong...some of you keep snake skins for both the hammock and the fly? Should I snag some of the whoopie slings? These are all smaller items i can convince the ole lady it's ok to buy. The 250 UQ is not in the budget though.
    Sure thing. Don't buy the whoopies...someone will be glad to teach you how to make them.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Cogneato View Post
    Anyone bringing their mountain bikes?
    This exact thing crossed my mind while out on my ride this morning!

• + New Posts
  • Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast