Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    trinni:
    Another welcome to HF from Bama on the other side of the pond.................keep reading, learning and studying!!!!! It will lead to a job that will allow for you to continue down the path of this addiction that you started on.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    gathered-end /w sock
    Tarp
    catcut w/doors
    Insulation
    UQ10D860/ TQ15D700
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    Hi all! Thanks for the warm welcome!

@avalonmorn
    I love my Pfaff too -- though I wouldn't drag her to bed, she's just too heavy for me! But I love using her! Recently adjusted my pants -- waist deforming due to sitting in front of the computer too much... Some people work their abs ... I use my Pfaff

@Poppabear
    I am sure there is lots of precious knowledge hidden somewhere in some thread in HF! Just need to find them.
    But jokes aside, I have already learnt lots from the old threads. How to make a WhoOpie-Sling, at which angle to hang your ridgeline, to choose a dyneema ridgeline to save your buttock from bumping....

@jerzybears
    Römerstraße -- that's where they have the fixed radar trap, the high fences and cameras all around, right?

@tight-wad
    Thanks alot, great to hear someone already has built one at 8x8. 7x7 doesn't sound impossible then. I am only 5'5'' "tall" -- will definitely need to work on a pattern when there is some time . Guess I need to close ends in this case as they are pretty close to the hammock's ends. Don't want to get wet when using the tarp as the only reason having it would be to keep away the rain... of course.

@carolinasbackpacker
    The information available here is real madness! There's lots of crazy DIY-guys outta here -- a nice spot to be!

@medicjimr
    Hefeweizen is one of my most favorite! That's the beer I recommend to all people not from Germany to give a shot. My auntie from Australia was surprised and never thought beer could taste that "lecker" -- same for my cousins from the US!
    And still there is such a great variety with the Hefeweizenbier! Last year I have had a nice brew from a monastery -- whooooooo buddy that was the greatest Weizenbier I have ever had! I was so into tasting that beer that I forgot the name afterwards. Not that the name was not worth remembering but the beer "shugged" my head.

@MikeN
    I grew up in Mannheim , where did you live and where in Heidelberg did you work?

@Shug
    Haha! Keep them coming those crazy whooo buddy videos!

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Welcome! I went to school in Heidleberg U. before I transfered to U. München

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Suspension
    whoopies & straps
    Welcome! Right back atcha Trinni.

Hammock
    gathered-end /w sock
    Tarp
    catcut w/doors
    Insulation
    UQ10D860/ TQ15D700
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    I was converting to the hammock due to weight issues and have realized that it is so comfortable -- most people here tent instead of hammock -- wouldn't want to sleep in a tent again but there is a girlfriend that I need to convince... For the complete experience I need a tarp, most of all the tarp will give me a more secure feeling about being out there. No need to worry about rain (spending the night all soaked in water), possibility to hide from direct sight. As you may know it needs a little stealth camping here in Germany if you want to stay in the woods.

@bigbamaguy
    Will keep studying knowledge I can suck in but don't think I could make a business out of it here over the big pond . Well, there is masses of people to convert.

@wisenber
    What does the "U" stand for? Are you referring to the University of Heidelberg and the University of München? Sorry for being a little baffled but just don't know if U might stand for something else american community related I do not know of.

Hammock
    gathered-end /w sock
    Tarp
    catcut w/doors
    Insulation
    UQ10D860/ TQ15D700
    Suspension
    UCRs
    Images
    As an entrée-question I am wondering how much stuff every DIY-buddy has in store. What do your workshops look like and what kind of material do you always have at hand. But most of all -- how much space is occupied due to your hobby?

Right now I am just getting started I guess. Have a sewing machine (in its own cabinet), just ordered some 20m of 5mm dyneema-cord, got bit more than 10 yards of ripstop polyester (should be enough for about 3 regular hammocks) and a smaller piece of silnylon. Oh yes, and there's some threads I have, pure poly, cotton-only and poly-cotton mix. Everything kind of stuffed into my small students-apartment.

I used to build my own bike-lights and that hobby came along with spare high-power LEDs, raw material for aluminium housing and lots of hoovering afterwards...

Shame on me... I have tons of cheap chinese 7-strand paracord holding max 220lbs . Any nice things besides of survival-bracelets that I could make out of it?

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12