I've been on the road for two weeks on my motorcycle, and will be for a few more.

This is me and the bike, a 2000 BMW R1150GS. Note the HF.net sticker on the side case.

This is my first motorcycle-camping trip using a hammock/tarp combo as my shelter. I am camping in my Warbonnet BlackBird 1.7 double with a SuperFly tarp, an ArrowHead Equipment KickAss Quilts Lost River underquilt, and I'm using my old Moonstone mummy bag as a topquilt. I, umm, also picked up an ENO Doublenest on sale at the Colorado Springs REI since I've been on the road. (I heard that groan, gram weinies!)

I camped on the NC/TN line in my WBBB at Deals Gap/The Tail of the Dragon the first night.

The next three nights, I spent with friends and in motels.

The fifth night I camped up a gravel road in Colorado at just under 8,100 feet.

The next morning, I hit the road for Denver.

My lovely wife flew to Denver that day (June 29), and we spent the next week traveling around Colorado -- and staying in hotels. (She likes to camp, but she wanted a hotel vacation this time. Hey, who am I to argue?)

We had a great week.

I spent Wednesday night at the Columbine Campground in the Arapahoe National Forest above Central City, CO. I was at just under 9,100 feet above sea level. It was rainy much of the night, and the temps got down to the low 40s. I slept great!

Tonight (Thursday) is a non-hammock night because I was offered an incredible deal to stay in a yurt at a campground outside Buena Vista, CO. Since it was raining sideways and was cold way up here -- and I probably won't get the chance to sleep in a yurt very often -- I jumped at the deal.

This thing is pretty cool. I'm waiting for some more photos to upload, but I'll add some of the yurt and of some of the places I've seen riding. And, of course, there will be more hammock camping as my trip continues.

Stay tuned ...

Chris