Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

JRB's Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock

Pan- Can you explain some of the advantages of the new BMBH? I'm new to hammocking and have been seriuosly considering a Clark. So far I've spent 5 nights in a HH.

Thanks.

Ken
    Last edited by Just Jeff; 10-01-2007 at 09:58. Reason: Thread split from http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1927

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ken999 View Post
    Pan- Can you explain some of the advantages of the new BMBH? I'm new to hammocking and have been seriuosly considering a Clark. So far I've spent 5 nights in a HH.

Thanks.

Ken

Ken999, et al,

Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock advantages:

It is a top loader, so getting in or out could not be easier.

True lay flat and lay straight ( no almost flat, no nearly flat etc, no requirement to lay asymetrically, therefore no trunk torque, minor or not.... it is flat)...

You can sleep on your side and not slide into a fetal curl...

You can lay on your stomach, although some side angle may be more comfortable for stomach sleepers.

It has a pad pocket that will accomodate pads up to 26 inches in width.

The pads do not have to have taper trimming to reduce or eliminate irritating folds or wrinkles... The pocket is a rectangle and it stays a rectangle when the hammock is loaded...

Retangular under quilts align with ease... provide the maximum of warmth and comfort and minimization of insulation bulk in pack.

The hammock body is isolated from the suspension lines so there is no need to use socks as drip stops or to add drip cords.

The bug net , under 4 oz, is removable.... leave it home and save weight once the mosquitos and bug have quit flying for the season.... it fully secures with perimeter omnitape, hence no zippers to fail.... It holds it shape on the hammock without a ridge cord/strap

The removable/relocatable personal pocket, 0.2 oz, is well sized with a section for glasses or flashlight and one section sized for a good sized paperback... put it where you want it, not where we thought it would be nice... leave it home if you like.

JGH/PC clips right to the corner fitting to provide a convient/waterproof spot for gear storage.

Any Pack slips right over the spreader bar on either end for off the ground storage.

It uses 1 inch polyester staps for suspension so there is no need for separate tree saver straps.... it readily accepts descender rings, cinch buckles etc if you want to add them.

It handles folks to 6-3 and 225pounds.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Sounds like my dream hammock. Cant wait.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Sounds great...I have a Exped dlx 9 on the way...should fit right in there for cold weather use...

What's it going to weigh roughly?? Under 3?
    Last edited by ken999; 09-30-2007 at 20:09.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ken999 View Post
    Sounds great...I have a Exped dlx 9 on the way...should fit right in there for cold weather use...

What's it going to weight roughly?? Under 3?
    I'm sure it will be under 3lbs.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Peter Pan is it going to use some kinda stay's on the ends to connect the main hammock to like a cross bar on each end. It sounds real good so far but I dont want any sticks to have to use to keep bugnet up and open or to keep hammock spread open eighter. dont want to pack the extra weight and or finding a place to store them in pack.

Hammock
    BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Quilt(s)
    Images

Bmbh

OK guys, the Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock is up on our web site.

http://www.jacksrbetter.com/index_files/BMBH.htm

Ken999, Weight is just over 2 lbs.

Cavediver2, There's no getting around the spreader bars on the end of this design. You can use your hiking poles instead and leave the spreader bars at home. But you risk damaging your hiking poles. Or you can try scrounging sticks around your camp site. But they probably need to be pretty hefty. The aluminum spreader bars separate into two pieces each about 16 inches long (total of 4) and only weight about 6 oz. They can be rolled up in the hammock for packing or they fit pretty nicely standing vertically in the corner of a pack or they can be strapped on the outside of a pack.

Production hammocks are expected in early November. We're taking orders now and starting a waiting/priority list. First come, first serve.

Regards,

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Cool. Just reserved mine.

Images
    hey guys, congrats. looks like you decided not to use a ridgeline on it. too bad you couldn't get around that. from the one i made, seems like it's not really necessary anyways.

so whats up with the bmb patent? didn't see anything on the website about it being patented or patent pending. is it or part of it patented or in the process of being patented?

Images
    oh, there it is right under the logo, was too busy looking at the pic. so do you have a number? don't they give out a number even when it's still just pending? i'm very curious to read it as are many others i'm sure.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast