Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyAdams View Post
    Hi Pan--... just delighted to see this hit the market and hope it takes off for you. And I'm sure this crazy crowd will do things with and for your hammock that neither of can imagine right now.

Grizz

Yeahhhhh..... some of those things will probably be illegal and immoral.....

Do give us a call if you come to the "burg" to visit family....

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Man - I'm SOOO jealous I won't be there to see all the new goodies!! Take lots of pics for me!

That's all I need is another hammock, but...y'all know how I am. I don't even know how many I actually have in my garage right now. Is that bad?

Pan/Smee - I was thinking about a way to reduce the shoulder squeeze, or even eliminate it altogether for some folks....I'll start a new thread about it in a minute.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    Man - I'm SOOO jealous I won't be there to see all the new goodies!! Take lots of pics for me!

That's all I need is another hammock, but...y'all know how I am. I don't even know how many I actually have in my garage right now. Is that bad?

Pan/Smee - I was thinking about a way to reduce the shoulder squeeze, or even eliminate it altogether for some folks....I'll start a new thread about it in a minute.
    It's been a mighty long minute JJ! I'm waiting with bated breath for your ideas. If it is something I can try in my DIY version, I'll do that.

Grizz

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    It's posted here. Possible for a DIY...others have done similar, but I don't know of anyone who found an effective DIY model they stuck with.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    It's posted here. Possible for a DIY...others have done similar, but I don't know of anyone who found an effective DIY model they stuck with.
    responded over there too...my poke preceded your posting by seconds, or passed in the night or something.

Not sure what you meant though in the above about an "effective DIY model they stuck with". If a DIY model of the airpad you describe, then I wouldn't know. If a DIY model of the bridge hammock, I don't see that what Scott, TeeDee, or I have is substantially different from the BMBH, and for the purposes of seeing whether airpads would push out the sides of the hammock, would behave the way the BMBH behaves. All of these models appear to be based on the Aussie sailing club plans, more or less. I have spreaders I can peg out at 30", 32", 34", or 36" as I like.

We could have a contest to see who has the most hammocks in the garage. I think I can equip a boy scout patrol....

Grizz

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I meant DIY air mattresses. I've seen a few attempts but they were all labor intensive at the campsite. I haven't seen any DIY insulated inflatables.

Images
    A much lighter one could be made. a much lighter material could be incorporated, like those individual plastic tubes filled with down. (can't remember who made that, risk maybe) maybe cuben could be used, it's airtight, it's strong, but probably not as abrasion resistant as 4 oz heat sealable tafeta or whatever they normally use.

has anybody tried a wide air mat in a bridge yet? i guess grizz will soon.

jeff, you expressed concern about the breathability of my sil uq, how is this any different?

Images

Shoulder squeeze?

Is shoulder squeeze going to be a problem with the JRB?

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    We made a ballon bed.... a la, Bill Fornshell's approach, a while back, like 2-3 years ago.... while it works fine on the ground it is not stiff enough to offer the benefits that JJ suggests.

A luxury camprest , self inflator, 26 inches wide does add some improvement but the near 4 pound weight is a No Go for all but car camping..... Yet there are a lot of car campers...

The generous pad pocket is included in the Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock to make this an easy do for those so inclined.... Just like the under quilt attachment loops are also included

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Is shoulder squeeze going to be a problem with the JRB?
    The production models, and the proto types that will be at the MAHHA in two days, are 3 inches ( 11 percent) wider than the prototypes demoed at TD.... Most found the TD model comfortable... some noted squeeze.... the widening is more comfortable.....

Comfort is for each to determine.... every hammock design and many bed designs have trade offs......

Slim to average build folk may note squeeze but probably will not consider it a problem....

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast