Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps

Arrow Post pics of your ENO mods

Hey all, just picked up a Eno double and looking to do some mod's. My problem is that I'm not sure whicj route to take. I don't want to buy one of everything so I'm trying to really chech out every possible option I can and boy there are a lot. SO.......

Please post pictures of your mods of just pics you like of your Eno. This would help me out alot and will be really cool.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle

Couple Shots of ENO Mods

Look below at some pics I took last weekend of our modded ENO DN. Both have CB/Starp suspensions and Whoopie Ridgelines from AHE. Tarp over the Tan/Blk DN is OES Spinn UL, Tarp over the Tan/Red DN is a BWDD WD. Hope these pics help ya out!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bigbamaguy; 07-10-2010 at 20:18.
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    HHULB
    Tarp
    Mamba Jamba
    Insulation
    Yeti & NoSniv
    Suspension
    Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jons4real View Post
    Hey all, just picked up a Eno double and looking to do some mod's. My problem is that I'm not sure whicj route to take. I don't want to buy one of everything so I'm trying to really chech out every possible option I can and boy there are a lot. SO.......

Please post pictures of your mods of just pics you like of your Eno. This would help me out alot and will be really cool.
    I don't have pictures but I will recommend switching your suspension first. Whoopie slings are the lightest option but straps and buckles are probably the most convenient. Either option can be had from Arrowhead Equipment. If you want bug protection I'd go with the Warbonnet bug net.

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    Hey big, thanks for those pics! loved em, actually it cleared some things up, so basicly if i'm correct your ridge line is a structural ridge line. Correct me if I'm wrong

Hammock
    Crinkle Custom
    Tarp
    HH
    Insulation
    brrr
    Suspension
    Whoopies, Straps
    I'm leaning toward using webbing with dutch clips or cinch buckles. Thats all I got so far. I like the whoopie sling idea its just without seeing it in action... I dont know..

Quote Originally Posted by Ongs-Hat View Post
    I don't have pictures but I will recommend switching your suspension first. Whoopie slings are the lightest option but straps and buckles are probably the most convenient. Either option can be had from Arrowhead Equipment. If you want bug protection I'd go with the Warbonnet bug net.
    This is the route I went while I still had my ENO. Now have the Whoopieslings All-in-One suspension on a basic diy and use the warbonnet net. The ridge line does make the hang more consistent but is not a requirement. Whether you go slings or straps, the modification to the ENO suspension as easy as cutting the stock whipping cord and threading your new suspension through the end channel.

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    In this thread...
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...t=13389&page=7
    Check out my post (#63) & the link Headchange put in post #64.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    johns:
    Yes the ridgeline is structural. I clove hitched the rings into the CB Chain link as an attachment point. I know that this will de-rate the Amsteel some but I feel that I am within tolerable limits. Plus the rings will act as stops for the bugnet. Funny you should mention Dutch Clips............I am waiting on them to arrive in the mail. I will only have to make a bishop sack for the hammock/bugnet and this lite weight summer rig will be ready to go. I am packing this rig for my trek to Sturgis, SD next month.

Hammock
    DIY CamoHammo
    Tarp
    DIY Catcut
    Insulation
    Body fat!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    johns:
    Yes the ridgeline is structural. I clove hitched the rings into the CB Chain link as an attachment point. I know that this will de-rate the Amsteel some but I feel that I am within tolerable limits. Plus the rings will act as stops for the bugnet. Funny you should mention Dutch Clips............I am waiting on them to arrive in the mail. I will only have to make a bishop sack for the hammock/bugnet and this lite weight summer rig will be ready to go. I am packing this rig for my trek to Sturgis, SD next month.
    So what is the purpose of the ridgeline? I'm guessing it keeps the hammock at a constant angle? If so, that would be a great addition. I just changed my carabiners, the ones I went with were lighter but longer so the angle changed a little, still using the slap straps so I couldn't do much about that. Also I can see a lot of advantage to having a ridgeline inside the hammock, I wear glasses and it would be nice to have those hanging overhead.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    BJM:
    That is correct. The ARL allows me to set the hang of the hammock to me or the next person who climbs in........My glasses, reading light, hammock fan and campshoes(at the foot end) hang there while I am in the hammock. Also the bugnet is held off my face and body.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast