Thread: I got a new toy

Hammock
    Trecklight Double
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Insulation
    U.S. Poncho Liners
    Images
    I have a question as the double ENO I am getting is on back order. There are significant symalarities between the ENO and the Treklight is the reason that the ENO has a weight capacity of 400lbs and the Treklight 300lbs because they use diferent materials in the hammock body or the difference in the cord they use to support it? Just curious if anyone knows.

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    TrekLight - thanks for supporting the HF community. Manufacturer input is always welcome...what better info source than the guys who make it?
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mahem View Post
    I have a question as the double ENO I am getting is on back order. There are significant symalarities between the ENO and the Treklight is the reason that the ENO has a weight capacity of 400lbs and the Treklight 300lbs because they use diferent materials in the hammock body or the difference in the cord they use to support it? Just curious if anyone knows.
    The Treklight hammocks have a 400lb capacity.
    http://www.shop.treklightonline.com/...=2&productId=8
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Trecklight Double
    Tarp
    JRB 11' x 10' Cat
    Insulation
    U.S. Poncho Liners
    Images
    I must have been thinking of a different one that has the same look as the above mentioned.

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    i hope you will change the rope to webbing:dand enjoy!!
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    All the conversing about stretching hammock bodies has dealt with HH as far as I know. I don't recall any noticeable stretch with other hammocks. JMO
    You might be right about that. One less thing to think about I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
    i hope you will change the rope to webbing:dand enjoy!!
    The rope is most likely being switched out this weekend for a hike. I've got some tentative hike plans and am still trying to decide which hammock to take. See why I don't need one of those HHs on sale right now; still want one, just don't need one. I've already decided to take it just for break-time. If I'm not sleeping in it, it won't matter if it gets wet so I'll just throw it in one of the outer pockets on my pack and have quick access during one of the many, many lazy moments in my day. Since I'm only out for 3 days, I've got gobs of room for heavy luxuries. If I get a cool evening and the bugs aren't bad, I'll use it for a sleeper.

For lounging, forget about it. This thing is perfect. You can flip, or if you prefer, you can flop into just about any position. Which has, as a byproduct, convinced me that I need another stand. I mean it's not like the loveseat is being used all that much and if it was gone there would be a perfect spot for a stand. Football season in a hammock; I need one of those plant holders you hang from the ceiling to hold my queso dip; I can hang it from the cross brace on the Risk Stand. A PM will get you the recipe.

Once my week is up I'll post a little more, but at this point I'm just enjoyin the hang.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12