Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images

All caught up....

Ok, short of getting the few orders out for those that just missed the closing of the store, I am all caught up. I hope to be able to open back up this evening and stay opened through the transition which will take place next weekend.

The HF mods have agreed to keep the whoopieslings sub forum
    open, which should help the transition.

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/Doors
    Insulation
    Yeti or JRB Quilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Congratulations on the sale of the business. I've been absolutely thrilled with the ingenuity, quality, value, and customer service you've provided on the many opie-branded products I've purchased since you started. Superb!!!

But as a business owner myself, I can certainly relate to the emotion that both the day you open and the day you sell your business are two of the best day's of your life! Business ownership is rewarding but also very draining. Its nice to see that you've properly prioritized it in relationship to your family and personal needs. Good job!

Its also good to hear that the ingenuity you're so well know for won't be lost to HF or to whoopieslings.com.

Good luck and God bless!!!!!
    David

The road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with weary feet, Until it joins some larger way, Where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say.
    -Frodo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    Thanks BC.

Hammock
    ENO/tablecloth
    Tarp
    wb superfly
    Insulation
    yeti,peapod(1st v
    Suspension
    whoopies treestrap
    oh wow, you sold your business....
    Peanuts

"A womans place is on the trail"

Hammock
    ENO, HH ULB, WBBB, GT
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    AHELR,Agnes,WInCub
    Suspension
    Cinch,Tglides,Whoo

I'm sorry to hear about the sale of this quality name brand.

I'm new to the forum and to hammocking. You just sold a name brand that I have heard about even on the paddling threads (I'm a long time kayaker)...I hope you did well on the sale, because to built a brand in this day and age is very difficult, Opie. And you did it. Many chimed in on your now closed thread with ideas, and each seemed to not work for your situation, anyone can respect that. But with the brand, and thinking beyond just slings and tarp lines, I think you have (had?) something of long term value. Kelty, for instance, did this with their backpacks, a mom and pop garage-based business, now selling millions. The lady that started Burt's Bees in her garage, making one type of lip balm, and sold it to Chapstick for 96 million ten years later. The branding is the key. Patagonia, North Face, etc., all started with one idea, one brand.

I suppose all of this is coming at a time that you're in transition, too little too late. And I certainly respect that it's your decision. I find you to be, on your videos and posts, a truly kind-hearted person.

So, with that said, I was going to order the all-in-one and tarp ridge line, but I think I'll wait now. At least until the "new guy" learns to tie a knot. lol. I'm sure whoever it is will do their darndest to make a go of it, and will likely succeed. It's been said that there are many who are talented innovators and inventors, and there are many that are astute businessmen, but there are few that are both.

I look forward to hearing about the future of your company...er, should I say, the future of Whoopieslings. A fine niche product with seriously giant brand name, on the verge of expanding to other products with the right tweaks going forward. Wishing you the best on your future endeavors, Opie. From one Midwesterner to another, keep the faith and hug the family.

Perhaps I missed this in another thread and please pardon my inquisitiveness if the party involved prefers to remain anonymous, but who will be taking over the reins at Whoopieslings.com?

BTW, thank you for the recent order. Really like the All in One suspension and the self-tensioning guy lines. Nicely done. Hope the new owners will continue with the quality and innovation that you have established.

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    cool and BER, thank you.

The new owners and I had dinner this evening. I believe the announcement will be made tomorrow.

Hammock
    1.1 Blackbird or Traveler SL
    Tarp
    OES Deluxe Cuben
    Insulation
    Yeti - all seasons
    Suspension
    Dynaglide Whoopies
    Images
    Opie,

Received the continuous ridgelines, whoopie slings, and tree huggers today. You do outstanding work sir!

My best,

Raul

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    Etowah, gargoyle
    Insulation
    Wool, heater
    Suspension
    Varies
    Images
    thanks Raul.