Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    DIY Nylon
    Insulation
    CCF pad
    Suspension
    AHE webbing

Where can I get the hammock/bugnet I want?

I'm fairly new to hanging, but I'm developing some likes/dislikes about the equipment I've tried.

So far I've tried a GrandTrunk Ultralight, and ENO ProNest, and a DD Frontline hammock. For me (personal opinion only!) the GrandTrunk is too thin to suit me, the ENO ProNest is a bit to small, and the DD Frontline fits me perfectly, but the attached zippered netting is a pain to use!

I like the double bottom on the DD (makes using a CC foam pad easy), and I like the Eno Guardian BugNet's vertical zipper, but I don't like the fact the net drags the ground in use.

Thinking a DD Camping hammock and a separate bug net might be the answer for me.

Any suggestions on a combination that might suit my likes?

DIY?

You could cut and sew the bottom of the ENO Bugnet to get it to match the shape of your hammock.
    "For the Glory of All, The Light Shines on".

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.7
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Leigh's UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Treestrap
    How about a Warbonnet Blackbird Double Layer 1.1 or 1.7. I have the 1.7 double and it is extremely comfortable.
    Terry

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow / Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Have you looked at the Warbonnet bug net? Seems to be highly regarded. I have the Blackbird and the quality is excellent. I can only assume it extends to all their products.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig2112 View Post
    Have you looked at the Warbonnet bug net? Seems to be highly regarded. I have the Blackbird and the quality is excellent. I can only assume it extends to all their products.
    Wanted to get one of these bugnets but it looks like it is not in stock and The gentlemen is not available to the end of July. Hoping he makes some more.

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Well you have lots of options

1. DIY hammock and bugnet
    2. You could wait for Brandon to get back from his journeys to order from him. I love my WBBB 1.7 Dbl and like the sewn in bug net. Im a huge fan of the shelf and the foot box IMHO it really provides lots of roomyness inside the hammock.
    3. If you want a hammock bug net seperatly you could get the WB Travler and bug net but again you have to wait for Brandon to get home
    4. Or you could get a HH hammock and send it to 2Q and ZQ and have them put their mod 4 on it. The mod 4 allows you to fully un-zip the HH bug net on both sides and stow it away in a small pouch at the foot end of the hammock. As well as enter and exit the hammock from either side. Its a pretty cool modification to the HH.

All excellent products, all great vendors, good luck deciding, end enjoy what ever new toys you get.
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    DIY Nylon
    Insulation
    CCF pad
    Suspension
    AHE webbing
    Thanks for the suggestions!
    I decided to hold on to my $$$ for now and do some experimenting with what I already own.
    I took the Eno bugnet and the Eno ProNest and cut the stuff sacks off of them. Hung them with the bugnet over the hammock (switched whoopie slings for the carabiners on the ProNest first), and slipped a set of snakeskins over the combo for storage. I'll try this combo, and see how it works. If the ProNest still feels small, I'll switch the ProNest to the GrandTrunk ultralight and see how that works.

If I like that combo I may buy a double bottom hammock to try inside the bug net so I can add a CCF pad.

With the stuff sack off the bug net it doesn't drag the ground as bad, and I can always raise the suspension line for the net a little if I need to.

• + New Posts