Mac allowed me to exchange a full length IXuq for the 3/4IXuq. Being too short at 5'4" I was having trouble with getting both the foot and head ends to seal up tight at the same time. An option would have been the shock-cord over the top or Leigh's triangles to provide tension. Reason for purchase of an IX uq were a summer/tropical, wet condition and light uq.

Only couple nights of use in conditions ranging from dry & warm to cooler & damp, but I'm very happy. Temps ranged from mid-50*F with air moisture condensing on everything to dry upper 60*F.

On the upper 60*F night the IXuq provided enough warmth that I fell asleep with the tq sitting in the WBBB shelf. Eventually cooled down and in my half sleep pulled the tq down for use as a blanket. Morning temps were probably in the low to mid 60*F.

I'm a cold sleeper. But, the IXuq may be too warm for temps above the upper 60*F. So this afternoon I tweaked the MacIXuq.

1st idea didn't work, but does allow for easy in the hammock tension adjustment of the uq. Using a DynaGlideWS attached between the left shoulder uq tie out and the shock cord suspension I was hoping to reduce enough tension to open up the ends. No go. Not enough slack created by the working length of WS. Pulling the uq to the right side exposes most of your bottom. Body movement and the uq suspension tension ends up causing the whole uq to flip over to the right side. Totally exposed, but now if in need of insulation you need to get up and out of the hammock to reposition the uq.

2nd idea works. Sewed a tie out loop mid way on the left edge. Attached a "tether" line to this loop and the WBBB "wing" tie out using mini DynaGlide opie Soft Shackles(oSS). Now if the uq ends up flipping totally to the right I can grab the line and pull it back while still laying in the hammock. Two mini oSS and a length of mason's line. Minimal parts, weight and easy to remove.

I'm leaving "1st idea" on the uq. It and a feature I didn't notice will save me from another bone head situation. It was dark when I set up by headlamp as my source of illumination. The mossies were getting intense. Hop in. A few moments later cold butt. Inside out uq. Next morning I realized Mac has sewn a white grossgrain loop at one corner for a reference point. Nice touch!