Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by Bags4266 View Post
    I can never understand this way. Why bother using the biners? Just loop the straight end through the end loop of the strap taking it to your buckles. Saving weight of 2 biners.
    Time saving and convenience is why I use the biner. Forming a choker hitch as you describe requires removing the webbing from the buckle/rings...not a big deal, really, but I prefer not to.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    claytor jungle hammocks rocks.i am the guy that got them popular here.
    i just dont post on here much.i hope you love yours as mush as i love mineneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    GT UL and Home Made
    Tarp
    Home Made sil
    Insulation
    UQ and TQ Homemade
    Suspension
    Home Made Woopies
    Actually it is very comfy due to its size. But thats its achilles heel too. To big for small tarps and to heavy. I still use it when the bugs are running. When the bugs are gone I use the cheapie Grand Trunk UL, kind of makes me laugh to think I perfer that one at only $15.00. I bought it when one of my kids wanted to hang but I find myself using it more than not. 10 oz ohhh yea

Sigh. On day eight from the shipping conformation. Seems like forever.

I already received my webbing and cinch buckles from AEI (thanks Paul). Can't wait to try it out.

Hammock
    Claytor Jungle, DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor Diamond
    Insulation
    2/3 UQ, Speer TQ
    I had to wait 14 days. Hard to find another (turn key) set-up like it though. Where abouts are you in Florida?

NE Florida Area

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wyattd5 View Post
    I just ordered a Claytor Jungle Hammock. I can't wait to try it out. Too bad its going to seem like a long time to get here.
    That is a great hammock set up. There are things I like a lot about both the hammock and the tarp. But you are going to have to try it out in this h*llish heat we have been having. what a challenge. I tried to hang some this weekend, at ~ 100* highs and 75+ lows, with huge humidity. I just can't do it. Although if forced to be out this time of year, a hammock will at least be cooler (in so many ways including literally) than a tent.

Are you planning on sticking with the stock suspension, or changing to something fancier? I actually kind of like the stock suspension, I might be the only one here who does. ( can't beat the cost and weight ) I am still using the stock on one end of my Claytor No Net after 2+ years now. BUT, if you do decide to use it in rainy weather, be sure to- at the least- put some extra over hand knots just a few inches from the hammock, one each on left and right side of the channel on each end. Otherwise, you will get soaked in a good rain. ( there are also other ways to deal with this, but this is the simplest, probably)

EDTT: OOPS! Never mind, I see you are changing the suspension! Good deal, that will work!

Update. It made it and I've already taken the mid day nap. I added teh AHE cinch buckle set up right away. I did not realize it was ripstop nylon just like my GI poncho but that's no problem at all for me. Since this is my first tarp I need some practice but it provided enough shade in this 105 heat index Florida weather. The mosquitos were mean and after I killed off the ones that snuck in when I got in it was great. I am a side sleeper at home and was able to do so in this but found I laid on my back just as comfortable.

The fly came with 10 foot ropes, has anyone replaced these for longer ones?

Hammock
    WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Congrats on your new Claytor Jungle!

Can't offer any advice at all, since I'm currently waiting for my own to arrive
    I hate waiting!

Hope to see some pics of your new setup.

Happy hangin'!

/TheWild
    Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished...

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by wyattd5 View Post
    Update. It made it and I've already taken the mid day nap. I added teh AHE cinch buckle set up right away. I did not realize it was ripstop nylon just like my GI poncho but that's no problem at all for me. Since this is my first tarp I need some practice but it provided enough shade in this 105 heat index Florida weather. The mosquitos were mean and after I killed off the ones that snuck in when I got in it was great. I am a side sleeper at home and was able to do so in this but found I laid on my back just as comfortable.

The fly came with 10 foot ropes, has anyone replaced these for longer ones?
    I did replace the rope. The stock stuff I did not like. I put figure 9 biners on mine. Loop around the stake for the tie outs and tighten at the tarp with the 9's. Same is true for ridgeline. Rope around the tree, snap it with a small biner on the end and the free end goes through the 9's and tightens. Quick, simple, and durable.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast