Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images

can any one here fix my jrb 11 x 10 tarp

can any one here fix my jrb 11 x 10 tarp,the tarp is worthless in is stock form because it to short.i want the curves made straight like a rectangle so i can
    pitch it like an asymetrical diamond.i only bought this tarp because it is od green.it to short for my claytor jungle hammockneo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    You just called one of the more popular winter tarps "worthless" because it has the cat curves that makes it pitch tighter than a rectangle tarp? Most hammocks don't have an 11' ridgeline, so that tarp is HUGE for most folks' use. Maybe some more tact would help us all remain respectful on HF. And maybe that's why this is one of the few posts asking for help that has gone over 2.5 hrs without a response.

If you can't sew it yourself, your best best is probably to sell it and buy a different rectangular tarp. Rectangular tarps are generally MUCH less expensive than tarps with any kind of advanced design, even as simple as the JRB and SWT.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    DIY gathered end / WL Snipe
    Tarp
    DIY 8x10 sil/ M.O.
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/ 20*Pheonix
    Suspension
    DIYwhoopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    can any one here fix my jrb 11 x 10 tarp,the tarp is worthless in is stock form because it to short.i want the curves made straight like a rectangle so i can
    pitch it like an asymetrical diamond.i only bought this tarp because it is od green.it to short for my claytor jungle hammockneo
    -Hey neo, I'll give you 10. naw, I got paid today $20 for that "worthless" tarp. I'm always looking for extra material

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jeff View Post
    You just called one of the more popular winter tarps "worthless" because it has the cat curves that makes it pitch tighter than a rectangle tarp? Most hammocks don't have an 11' ridgeline, so that tarp is HUGE for most folks' use. Maybe some more tact would help us all remain respectful on HF. And maybe that's why this is one of the few posts asking for help that has gone over 2.5 hrs without a response.

If you can't sew it yourself, your best best is probably to sell it and buy a different rectangular tarp. Rectangular tarps are generally MUCH less expensive than tarps with any kind of advanced design, even as simple as the JRB and SWT.
    its to short for my hammock so it worthless to me.but works well with hennessey hammocks and jrb hammocks neo
    the matrix has you

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    its to short for my hammock so it worthless to me.but works well with hennessey hammocks and jrb hammocks neo
    Neo, I've had pretty good luck using it with my Claytor No Net, which is a 10 ft long hammock. Even without much hammock sag, that is a 10 foot hammock vs. an 11 foot tarp which is more rectangle on the end than most of the hex cut tarps. However, I have made sure that my cinch buckles are connected to the hammock by a short enough piece of cord that they don't stick out from under the tarp. I don't have a whole lot of room left(unless I hang it with a lot of sag), but I do have enough. The cinch buckles are still under the tarp, if only by an inch or so, which is good enough to stay dry.

But, it has not been long enough for you with the CJH, so wouldn't it better to just sell it and apply that money to a longer tarp? Unless you are just crazy about the color and want to find a way to make it work because of that. In that case, I don't know what you are going to do. Or maybe I do: you just need to add something like a Griz beak and then that thing ought to be way more than long enough for the Claytor.

But other than something like that, I don't know how you could make a tarp work that is too short for your long hammock and suspension(with cinch buckles?). Maybe some one else will have an idea.

Images
    This just occurred to me: You do pitch this tarp on the 11 foot ridgeline, right? I'm not intending to ask a dumb question, and I'm sure you most likely do that, but the JRB 11x10 is designed to be hung on either the 10 foot "ridge" or the normal 11 foot RL with the seam. Obviously, if I decided to hang it on the 10 foot length, it would probably not be long enough for my Claytor and the extra length needed for the cinch buckles.

I wish you luck on getting it to fit, because I have really liked this tarp.

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images

i strung it at the so called 11 ft length.it is not really 11 ft long and his 8x8 tarpis only 7 ft 2 in x 7 ft 2 in.i am not saying he makes bad products,in fact his products are of the highest quality.i only bought this tarp for the color.
    i ment worthless because it dont work with any of my hammocks.i have to use longer hammock because of a neck injury i got when i was in the united states navy.neo

see orignal post below

pitch it like an asymetrical diamond.i only bought this tarp because it is od green.it to short for my claytor jungle hammock neo
    Last edited by neo; 07-17-2010 at 15:46.
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    That makes a lot more sense. Saying it doesn't fit your needs is entirely different than saying a high quality product is worthless, especially if you have specific needs b/c of your neck. And it's a lot more consistent with the respectful tone we try to keep at HF.

Best option IMO is to sell it and get a cheaper rectangular tarp. Otherwise, just fold up the edges and hem them, and add the tie-outs. Any seamstress in your area can do it.
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    That makes a lot more sense. Saying it doesn't fit your needs is entirely different than saying a high quality product is worthless, especially if you have specific needs b/c of your neck. And it's a lot more consistent with the respectful tone we try to keep at HF.

Best option IMO is to sell it and get a cheaper rectangular tarp. Otherwise, just fold up the edges and hem them, and add the tie-outs. Any seamstress in your area can do it.
    reason i want the cat cueves made straight is so i can use this as a diamond
    you missed this point on my 1st post .the tarp would have a greater ridge line used this way so used missed my whole point neo
    the matrix has you

Hammock
    JRB BMB
    Tarp
    JRB 11'x10'
    Insulation
    JRB TQ / UQ set
    Suspension
    JRB tri-glide
    Neo - thanks for the clarification

Jeff - I wanted to comment too but am a bit of a noob on this site and appreciated that you did

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast