Hi y'all,

Have to confess I've been lurking these parts for a while now and am long overdue for posting! This place has become like the little devil (in-a-hammock) on my shoulder. At the beginning of the summer I thought I had it all with my new Hennessy Explorer Ultralight...well, now I'm sitting here in my mom's sewing room, knee deep in silnylon and binder clips, daydreaming about hanging with my ring buckle setup out in the Loess Hills this weekend . I'm not even gonna reveal how many Wal-Marts I've walked into in the last month!

Suffice it to say the hammock world has pretty much swept me right off of the ground and into asymmetrical bliss thanks to the friendly dialogue and valuable information on these forums and related websites. You gals and guys rock!!!

So my question is, I'm making a BlackCat tarp. I've made the caternary cuts and am now at the point where I need to sew a flat-felled seam on the ridgeline. I have the tarp halves lined up squarely on the ridgeline and secured with binder clips. I'm confused because according to everything I've read about how to do a flat-felled seam (here, for example), the bottom piece of fabric's seam allowance needs to be twice that of the top piece of fabric. However it seems like Blackbishop has made it pretty clear at the end of Step 1 and beginning of Step 2 that the two pieces of fabric need to be lined up squarely along the edges. Is there some kind of modified flat-felled seam that I'm unaware of that allows me to proceed from here without re-aligning and clipping/pinning the two tarp halves again?

Hope that makes sense, if not I am happy to try and clarify.

Adam