Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aceatc View Post
    A friend of mine just bought the jungle hammock and we're still waiting for that because now he actually has a real hammock for camping and now his string... geez.

Anyone know how small you can pack the claytor? I know how big the picture of the hammock and such is on the website, but alike my HH, I can seperate the pieces (hammock, tarp, etc) and make a more efficent use of space.
    the tarp and hammock fit in the same bag. but i carry a much bigger tarp seperately so i can rapidly deploy tarp first in a major down pour neo
    the matrix has you

Oh BTW. Anyone know if the webbing on the jungle is attached to the hammock? I'm just curious.

Hammock
    CLARK NX-200 / Clark NA /Warbonnet
    Tarp
    CLARK NX-200 TARP
    Insulation
    PAD and BAG
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by neo View Post
    its available 12 x 12 in white neo

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=254694
    Damnit Neo and I thought I was done and then you had to throw that in and for 24 bucks what a deal. I could use that one for all kinds of stuff.

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cavediver2 View Post
    Damnit Neo and I thought I was done and then you had to throw that in and for 24 bucks what a deal. I could use that one for all kinds of stuff.
    That is pretty darn cheap. Put some cat cuts on the sides and you got you a huge "White Cat".
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    I just ordered a Jungle from Claytor to be shipped in a hurry. You all have enticed me into going for it. I will be using Speer's Winter Tarp with it all year round in different configurations. Can't wait to try it out. Mule
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images

Talking Hanging tonight, 20 deg, 20-30 mph wind

I'm taking my Claytor out for a maiden hang tonight. Pretty cold and snow and sleep predicted for tomorrow. I will be making a report on how my JRB Quilts, Speer Winter Tarp and Jungle Hammock do this weekend. Mule

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by skskinner View Post
    I'm taking my Claytor out for a maiden hang tonight. Pretty cold and snow and sleep predicted for tomorrow. I will be making a report on how my JRB Quilts, Speer Winter Tarp and Jungle Hammock do this weekend. Mule

Looking forward to those results. I'm going to have to do something for insulation if I keep my bridge hammock. I've only been able to lay in it an hour or so, and am still somewhat undecided due to shoulder squeeze issues(otherwise, I love it). The pad pocket works great with a 25" wide 2" thick TR Camprest, the most comfortable pad set up I have tried. But, it is still not quite as comfortable as without a pad. But about $300 for a long UQ is not all that thrilling either. And I kind of hate to give up my SS since I have learned it's tricks and made it work pretty good for me.

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Looking forward to those results. I'm going to have to do something for insulation if I keep my bridge hammock. I've only been able to lay in it an hour or so, and am still somewhat undecided due to shoulder squeeze issues(otherwise, I love it). The pad pocket works great with a 25" wide 2" thick TR Camprest, the most comfortable pad set up I have tried. But, it is still not quite as comfortable as without a pad. But about $300 for a long UQ is not all that thrilling either. And I kind of hate to give up my SS since I have learned it's tricks and made it work pretty good for me.
    Grizzly Adams came up with a pretty cool way to keep his quilt tight and yet un compressed, but he does use a quilt. I hear from the Jacks that you are the Guru on the SS. I used to have one and went on a weekend with Griz, Headchange, (I've been calling him Changeface) Hooch, & Cerberus. With the over cover, torso and kidney pads I was toasty at about 30 degrees and surprisingly little condensation too. My feeling is that all a person would need to make it pretty warm is three of the open cell foam pads between the hammock and the undercover. It would also be not much more bulk. I will let everyone know soon how last night went. I had one of the best times I've ever had camping alone last night, and the Claytor made it so. I'm not that experienced with hammocks, but this was very sweet. Mule

Hammock
    Blackbird
    Tarp
    MacCat Standard
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti, MWUQ4
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    ...snow and sleep predicted for tomorrow....
    HAHA - typo or a Freudian...either way, it's a mistake only a hammocker could make!
    “Republics are created by the virtue, public spirit, and intelligence of the citizens. They fall when the wise are banished from the public councils because they dare to be honest, and the profligate are rewarded because they flatter the people, in order to betray them.” ~Judge Joseph Story

- My site: http://www.tothewoods.net/
    - Designer, Jeff's Gear Hammock / Pack Cover by JRB

IMPOSSIBLE JUST TAKES LONGER

Images
    Grizzly Adams came up with a pretty cool way to keep his quilt tight and yet un compressed, but he does use a quilt. I hear from the Jacks that you are the Guru on the SS. I used to have one and went on a weekend with Griz, Headchange, (I've been calling him Changeface) Hooch, & Cerberus. With the over cover, torso and kidney pads I was toasty at about 30 degrees and surprisingly little condensation too. My feeling is that all a person would need to make it pretty warm is three of the open cell foam pads between the hammock and the undercover. It would also be not much more bulk. I will let everyone know soon how last night went. I had one of the best times I've ever had camping alone last night, and the Claytor made it so. I'm not that experienced with hammocks, but this was very sweet. Mule
    You mean to say that I am actually considered a Guru of something? Amazing! Only 1 year 3 months ago I was sleeping in my HH netting, shivering and cursing hammocks! I have indeed done a lot of experimenting with the SS since then, probably more than most I suppose. There was a guy who used to be here, TeeDee, who was quite a SS fan, but he is long gone to other forums. And there are a couple of guys over at Whiteblaze hammock forum who are pretty big fans and also have down UQ experience, but they don't post much either place. They must be to busy camping or something.

You results with the SS at 30* on your weekend with Griz/HC/Hooch/Cereberus were really quite a testimony to the SS considering that
    A: Some, like Jeff just posted, can't do much better than 30* with a NS UQ without a pad, and one guy over at WB couldn't do that good.( though some can no doubt do better) AND
    B: you did not use the space blanket. Which according to TH, and per my experience, seems to add significant warmth for 2 oz and $2. So, I think for you to have been "toasty at about 30 degrees and surprisingly little condensation too" were about as good a result as anybody could reasonably ask for.

I was going to go today to Hancock Fabrics as they supposedly carry that Insul-bright (sp?) stuff, which somebody here wrote about. I am looking forward to cutting some of it to perfectly fit on top of my under-pad, as a substitute for the regular space blanket. That MIGHT work great. Also, somebody here ( or on WB) cut some fleece to fit their HH under-pad and sewed/glued the SB to that. They thought it worked great. I've really been wanting to try both of these, but my around-to-it is broken. I've been working to much, instead of camping/hiking like I should be.

Still looking forward to your report on all of that gear!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast