BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    fall is an amazing place in AZ. fortunately for us, we can camp anywhere from 800' at the colorado in Yuma to 12,637' on humprheys.

a good compromise would be perennial stream, 6000 elevation, low chance of traffic noise.
    any number of areas would provide those 3 requirements.

id say just to keep things fair, easy to reach (via passenger car) and centralized in the state, we should do West Clear Creek.
    Maxwell trail is short at .75 mile but we can explore up and downstream, fly fish, luxury camp and have a hella good time with very little effort.
    that is my 2¢

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ
    Suspension
    AHE Strps & Whpies
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadtorque View Post
    I'm a bit busy to plan anything but except for the 24-26th of September I should be able to attend a hang. I really don't care were it will be. I would gladly go back to west fork and would love to see it in the fall. Someone needs to grab the bull by the horns and plan a fall hang. Sounds like a few people are interested.
    I am not sure how much time I have available to "grab the bull by the horns". But, I am willing to help things along. Here is a straw-man proposal just for discussion.

It sounds like people are open to Tewa's idea regarding the Maxwell Trail on West Clear Creek. It also seems that although Dehoja prefers Oak Creek for many good reasons, that he has kindly offered to consider alternatives. In light of that, could we agree on the Maxwell Trail on West Clear Creek; for all of the good reasons that Tewa expressed in his post?

If so, I suggest a two night hang during one of the following "Friday/Sunday" periods; October 8-10, October 15-17, or October 22-24. Obviously, if people are constrained on time, they could stay only one night or make a day trip to see the group since we will be so close to the trail head.

If we hike out Sunday morning at a reasonable hour, we could make the Beeline in Payson for lunch.

Not meaning to confuse things. But, if even if we do the Maxwell Trail hang; there is also nothing preventing an Oak Creek hang from being organized in addition to whatever might occur at West Clear Creek... just thinking out loud.

Feedback please....

Hammock
    WBBB Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Spinn UL Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti & Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Hi Guys! I'm another Arizona hanger that is interested in either of these hikes.

Hammock
    Most
    Tarp
    Sea to Summit
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    I add my vote with LongBow to do the hang at West Clear Creek, Maxwell Trail #37. More trail info and photos are available on other websites.

I vote for either October 15-17 or 22-24. These are both good weekends for me, especially if we can book it now!

I threw together a quick topo that can be viewed at MyTopo.com, and directions from Google.

Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ
    Suspension
    AHE Strps & Whpies
    Thank you Dejoha.

OK, maybe it is time to call the question...

For all of those interested in a "West Clear Creek - Arizona Fall Hang", will you please indicate your availability for the dates in October suggested by Dejoha in his recent post?

I am hoping that one more round of feedback should allow us to understand if we are at critical mass in terms of participation and perhaps to select a final date.

If this trip works out, that will be great. It should be an exceptional time as described by Tewa. But, please let's not feel any pressure. This post is just intended to get things scheduled so people that want to go can set their calendars.

If you are a HF user in Arizona or outside of the State and interested, please indicate yes or no regarding the trip with date preferences as applicable. That way we will know if a proper opportunity has been provided to everyone to consider the logistics of the proposed Arizona Fall Hang in October. If we don't hear from "the regulars" in Arizona I will volunteer to send some PMs just to ensure that people are aware.

Tewa, if you have a means to pass the word to those that you regularly hike with, will you please do so? Thank you.

Hammock
    WB BB DL 1.7oz
    Tarp
    SuperFly/Oware
    Insulation
    KAUQ,WBurrowTQU,PL
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'm up in Payson tonight and will be in Scottsdale tomorrow. In town for a while to help with the I-10 Bypass project. Am definitely up for a Group hang Either weekend, Either canyon.
    The Older I get, the Faster I use to be.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveler/Blackbird
    Tarp
    HMG Cuben
    Insulation
    CrowsNest & IX
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Sorry folks, I will be out of town traveling on business for most of October.

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 UQ
    Suspension
    AHE Strps & Whpies
    Thank you guys; please keep the feedback coming in so we know where we stand.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    OES 4 season
    Insulation
    Underground Quilts
    Suspension
    whoopieslings.com
    I'm interested. Available for either weekend. Can't be there on Friday, but can be there for Saturday and Sunday. What am I doing?! Planning to go "Hiking"! Now I gotta buy a pack.
    Last edited by Quad&Boatcamper; 09-16-2010 at 06:10.

Hammock
    Warbonnet blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    StormCrowIncubator
    Suspension
    DIY Strap
    Hi all, I'm new to the forum but if all Az rez are invited this Payson dweler is in for it. I actualy just lost a coin flip for this trail or bear canyon last weekend. I've wanted to hike and stay at clear creek for a while now and this seems like a great oportunity. 'm open for both weekends and can show as early as friday so long as nothing happens between now and then count me in.
    I LIVE FOR THE DAY AFTER TWO DAYS BEFORE TOMORROW.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast